Menu

BB cream is sort of an all-in-one. Practically, it's a tinted moisturizer with SPF and somewhat better coverage. Somewhere between foundation and tinted moisturizer.

In all honesty, this is new to me, and I went with the cheap Garnier stuff to see if it was at all something I was interested in. I'll try samples of a couple better brands now. (Sephora has samples, by the way, so you can suck them in instead of the usual way! :D)

I didn't realize others noticed the mineral makeup making them itch in summer. I just switched back to Estee Lauder Double Wear 2 days ago. I'm going to see how that feels. I'd love to try something super light like a tinted moisturizer but I actually need to coverage, unfortunately.

Hi Jessica--There was a thread a good while back (maybe last year in January?) about mineral makeup and the ingredients that can cause itching. Several brands were mentioned that don't contain the ingredient (is it mica? I'm sorry, I can't remember!). Anyway, a search might turn it up and allow you to continue with mm if you want to.

The main ingredient that causes itching in mineral makeup is bismuth oxychloride. Some people also have a reaction to the mica as well. There are many brands that don't use bismuth.

One thing I recommend to all my customers is to turn their mineral foundation into a tinted moisturizer during the summer. This does give a lighter coverage, but does increase the spf if you are using a moisturizer that contains spf. The tinted moisturizer will really help keep the makeup from feeling like it is slipping.

BB cream is sort of an all-in-one. Practically, it's a tinted moisturizer with SPF and somewhat better coverage. Somewhere between foundation and tinted moisturizer.

In all honesty, this is new to me, and I went with the cheap Garnier stuff to see if it was at all something I was interested in. I'll try samples of a couple better brands now. (Sephora has samples, by the way, so you can suck them in instead of the usual way! :D)

I'd forgotten that they give out samples. I'll definitely have to plan a Sephora run in the near future...

I live in a hot and humid area (already close to 100 here - am boycotting the next three months), and I wear just the slightest dusting of mineral base when it's hot. I wear just enough to smooth things out but not so much that it melts when I'm outside. I switched to everday minerals last year, and it seems to do so much better in the heat than bare minerals did when I wore it.

I am using mineral makeup. How do you get it to not wipe off when your face is sweating? I am not using a lot, but it feels like my face is sliding off.

I use a ColorStay formulation by Revlon that handles heat pretty well. On the really hot/humid days where my face actually sweats, tinted moisturizer is the norm.

Clinique has an athletic type of foundation. I forget what it is called exactly, maybe active wear? But go to the mall with no makeup and they will try it on you.

I have dry skin, and use Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer. It's so light, but does not sweat off. Also, the fact that it is so light and blends in so well, I only dab it on my cheek bones, nose and chin and blend. It does not really cover the perimeter of my face.

I deal with GA humidity and have to up my "layers" I use my lotion with spf as typical ( I am faired skin and burn easily). I then apply my liquid foundation (I like Maybelline Fit) I will then apply a fine layer of mineral foundation but not as thorough as when I wear it alone during the non humid winter months. I will then put on my blush and eye makeup. I finish off everything with a mineral translucent veil. This will last me outside, sweating in near 100% humidity at least 6 hours.. I will say it feels NICE to wash my face afterwards... It does work well, though. I did this combination when I did a spouse combat day several years back when I knew I would be running around and sweating while my photo was taken and my photos looked lovely :)