Menu

weird shoe question

have you ever bought 2 pair of the EXACT same pair of shoes just because you love them so much that you want a spare for when the first pair wears out??

I've done it more than once. And sometimes I've wished I'd gotten a third pair, especially when I've found good "house" shoes to wear around the house.

I haven't done it with shoes, but I do it all the time with clothes. I wish I had done it with the purple Clarks that I bought on sale last summer. They were like this but in purple nubuck. I think I might need to buy them in two or three more colours when they next go on sale. I have wide feet and need good support and they are the most comfortable shoes in the world. I like the funky look too.

Oooh, oooh, I want these!

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

Yes.

I have 3 pairs of water shoes that I bought at the end of last season because they were exactly what I wanted in in fit, style, and color and I know they won't be for sale again.

I also have bought multiples of the same shirt, pants, and dresses when I find something I really like. Sometimes they are different colors, but sometimes they are replacements.

We also bought DH 7!!!! pairs of the same shoes about 2 years ago. They aren't particularly wonderful, but he is hard on shoes and they were on clearance in his size for $5. He was wearing out his much more expensive work shoes in less than a year, and I think he's only on #3 or 4 of 7 at this point.

Edited by AndyJoy

Oh, yes. Several times.

In fact, right now, I have two 'spares' of my favorite summer sandals in my closet. I just stick the boxes high up and out of the way until they are needed.

Like others who have posted, I have also done the same with jeans, tops, undergarments, slippers... pretty much everything.

The best is when I can buy said items on sale or even better..... *clearance*! :lol:

Dh does this with good work shoes. He's outside and normally rough with his shoes. So, instead of buying new work shoes every 3 months or so, he buys a pair and test drives them for a week, then goes back for a few more pairs. Works great.

I'm a big fan of he 80s and 90s. I loved boots that looked like Dr. Martins but were more comfortable than monkey boots. I wish I had bought enough to last me. I outgrew my last pair when my last pregnancy increased my shoe size. I hopeful that they will come back in style soon. After all, I see the early-mid 80s neon coming back. Grunge can't be that far off. :)