Menu

charm bracelets

My daughter wants to start a charm bracelet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality, but not super expensive bracelet to start out with? She is 11.

Thanks!

I have seen some on overstock.com that were stainless steel and sterling silver. Any thoughts here also?

Edited by saraha

I have a Chamilia and love it. I can use Pandora beads on it, I don't *think* you can use the Chamilia beads on Pandora...I think I have that right. DD has a Bauble Lulu. It looks just like my Chamilia, but cost us much less. It has held up every bit as well as my Chamilia, but she does wear it less. I have some Bauble Lulu beads on mine, they have held up fine.

So if you want good quality and mid-price, I'd go with Chamilia. If you want cheap price and pretty good quality look at Bauble Lulu....in my totally "un-jewelry-edumacated" opinion ;)

jamesavery.com

They have very nice charms and excellent customer service.

Jen

:iagree: The customer service alone makes their jewelry worth more than you pay for it. A friend of ours bought all my girls new bracelets and we had to combine the charms. If it's a JA charm they moved it for free and only charged $2.50/charm for non-JA charms. At the local jewelry store they were going to charge $25.00/charm!!! Then they shipped them to me for free.

It's also excellent quality. My mom has a charm she got for HS graduation, I have the same charm I got when dh deployed the first time, and my girls all got the same charm for their 5th birthdays. Mom's is still just as beautiful as when it was new. I love James Avery!

I've always wanted a charm bracelet, despite not being a big jewelry wearer. I love the sound they make. I think a mother/daughter tradition could be in the works. Thanks for reminding me about them.

The James Avery (I'd never heard of it! I'm reading now that it's a big TX thing?) bracelets seem like the traditional kind that I'd want, but I do like the look of the Pandora/Brighton bracelets, too. Tell me, do they jingle? That's important to me :001_smile:.

I have started charm bracelets for my girls. I bought sterling silver bracelets at a local jewelry shop (not fancy) for about $25. I find charms in lots of places, including a shop that sells incense and Indian (as in India) style clothing. Sterling charms range from $10 - $20. I would love to have one myself.

We got my dd a James Avery bracelet and have added charms for special occasions ever since. It's very special to her. We are not adding a charm for every thing, but I am getting her one to mark our Passport to Purity weekend, and will get her one when she gets baptized, stuff like that. You can also get them for seemingly a million other occasions. They have a guarantee on the quality so if anything happens they will replace it. I broke a chain once and they replaced it no questions asked. If my dd needs a new larger bracelet for her charms they will trade it out. Great customer service, especially if you have a store near you.