Menu

When an almost 3yr old speaks...you just never know what's going to come out!

This is the conversation that just occurred in my house:

E: I'm back on crack, Mom!

Me: Umm.....say that again.

Me: Uh, where did you hear that?

E: Mickey Mouse!

Me: **confused**

Me: ohhhh!! You're back on TRACK?

E: Yep!

:lol::lol:

It doesn't stop when they get older. As they age, we the parents age. Hearing is the second thing to go. So when they are teens they start hearing some off the wall things. You may hear, "I'm going to eat the toilet." When in reality the teen has said, "I'd like spaghetti for dinner tonight, Mom."

:lol: My 4 yr old announced a few months ago she loves Titties. Took me a while to figure out she was sayinig she loves Kitties!

My hearing is already going, I can't have it worse by the time the kids are grown enough to speak clearly.

:lol: Cute! I bet he doesn't even know what back on track means.

I should've known right away what he meant too, because he says "cruck" for truck, but it didn't even cross my mind until I really thought hard about it.

Well, at least your little boy says cr for tr. My ds said fw for tr when he was that age. He got super excited one time, in front of a bunch of friends, when the fire trucks went by. :blushing:

When my dd was 3, my dad told her she had to come inside for dinner and she didn't want to. He finally pulled rank and carried her inside. She, never one to make a noisy fuss, gave him the evil eye and quietly grumbled, "you're the Nazi police." (She'd seen the Sound of Music.)

My dad still hasn't stopped laughing.

It doesn't stop when they get older. As they age, we the parents age. Hearing is the second thing to go. So when they are teens they start hearing some off the wall things. You may hear, "I'm going to eat the toilet." When in reality the teen has said, "I'd like spaghetti for dinner tonight, Mom."

:lol::lol::lol:

OOOOHHHHH!!!!!!! That's what he meant!!!!!!

I love threads like this. Kids are just too funny! When my son was 3 he loved this sweater of my moms that had cats on the front. Well, the kitties where right where her..."chest" is...and he would always reach up and touch the kitties and say, "I just love your titties, nana" :lol:

When my 7 year old (almost eight) speaks, I never know what is going to come out.

Today he had over a friend to play. Well this is the story he choose to tell him.

"Once we were driving and Mom found a really big paper cup and filled it full of pee."

:glare: To give background. We were stuck in traffic. It would have taken 45 minutes of so to even get to a bathroom all going well, and then another 45 to get restuck in traffic to get to our final destination.

I had to go so badly. There was no quick or easy way off the high way. So yes I filled that extra big paper cup.

That was about 2 years ago. You do not have to remember it, and you do not have to tell your friends!

(Mind you I have now shared this story with the hive, so I suppose I'm not better. But it's my pissy story to tell)

My kid sister at age 2 asked her babysitter: "what's feelings?"

Babysitter gave her a thorough explanation as you can imagine.

Sister listened quietly and politely, then said, "I can't wait to go to the dentist so I can get some feelings!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My kid sister at age 2 asked her babysitter: "what's feelings?"

Babysitter gave her a thorough explanation as you can imagine.

Sister listened quietly and politely, then said, "I can't wait to go to the dentist so I can get some feelings!"

When eldest was really little we were biking along a very bumpy path. Whenever he biked over a bump he would say, "Ow, That hurt my feelings".