Menu

Vegetarians, what's for dinner?

We're mostly vegetarians. :) Here are a few recipes that we just added to our rotation:

Lentil quiche - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lentil-quiche/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=lentil%20quiche&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

Cuban black beans w/rice - http://www.marthastewart.com/337366/cuban-black-bean-stew-with-rice

Sorry I don't know how to just make the link show the recipe name!

Not a strict vegetarian but...

The day has gotten away from me (all to frequent of an occurrence) so we are going to have some simple Mexican style lettuce wraps.

A yam and black bean mix (that I already had in the fridge) with some avocada and salsa all wrapped up in some lettuce leaves. Plenty of orange slices and strawberries on the side.

This also happens to be a gluten-free meal.

Not a strict vegetarian but...

The day has gotten away from me (all to frequent of an occurrence) so we are going to have some simple Mexican style lettuce wraps.

A yam and black bean mix (that I already had in the fridge) with some avocada and salsa all wrapped up in some lettuce leaves. Plenty of orange slices and strawberries on the side.

This also happens to be a gluten-free meal.

I have something very similar to this on the menu for tomorrow. Yum!

Chucki, can you share your potato-leek soup recipe. Many years ago, I came up w/ one that dh just loved and somewhere over the years and many moves I lost my recipe. He really wants me to make it again. It's really sad to see his face everytime we go to the store and walk past the leeks!

Tonight is kind of a leftover night. Steamed vegetables (broccoli and Brussel sprouts), curried sweet potatoes with dates and raisins (leftover from the chickpea and coconut curry), and spanish rice. Not the most complete meal I've made...

Tomorrow will likely be stuffed peppers or corn chowder.

So we ended up having what dh and are calling "vegetarian philly-cheese steak sandwiches", on homemade, fresh from the oven, gluten free hamburger buns, and sweet potato fries. He sauteed onions until they just started to caramelize, and I sliced yellow squash and zucchini, brushed them w/ olive oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper, then browned them in the onion pan. Top w/ swiss cheese and Yum!