Menu

Why do people write #somethinghere at the end of their FB status?

They are just trying to be funny. It would be like saying, "We had Chipotle for lunch. Chipotle can also be found in the card catalog under ' awesome,' 'huge burrito' and 'fast food places that have beer." (which I recall authors doing from time to time)

It is just faster to say #chipotleisawesome, #hasbeer or #hugeburritos

Edited by Sis

They are just trying to be funny. It would be like saying, "We had Chipotle for lunch. Chipotle can also be found in the card catalog under ' awesome,' 'huge burrito' and 'fast food places that have beer." (which I recall authors doing from time to time)

Yes, but not in actual conversation. That is just #cringeworthy. :lol:

I think it has evolved to be read like a stage whisper and is often used more for humor than organization. Sometimes it IS used like the tags at the bottom of our threads. Other times, not so much.

Today I would use it like this:

We learned that pubic lice is a key to learning about the evolution of homo erectus. #scienceisgross

Wait???? Your #Chipotle #hasbeer???

I think it has evolved to be read like a stage whisper and is often used more for humor than organization. Sometimes it IS used like the tags at the bottom of our threads. Other times, not so much.

Today I would use it like this:

We learned that pubic lice is a key to learning about the evolution of homo erectus. #scienceisgross

Guilty of the hash tags and I don't even use twitter.

My most recent use was when I posted about my longest run and at the end I typed "#needsaridetoUrgentCare".

Cool, now every time I see hashtags, I'm going to read them like Brick on "The Middle" when he bows his head and whispers. #brickisawesome