Menu

s/o I'm set for 2012-23... who else is NOT set?

momto2Cs

Arrggghhh.

Totally not settled for 2012-2013. I am waiting on one package in the mail that will help me decide on a few things (Further Up & Further In)

Still debating math and science

Trying to finish reading through The Writer's Jungle, and trying to decided if I need a writing program for either child. I don't think I do, but then will I be kicking myself later?

Anyone else just NOT sure yet?

lol. Your title says 2012-23. I thought, now THERE is someone that is organized! They have the next 10 years planned :lol: This s/o thread is going to be huge cause I can't imagine that many folks having the next 10 years planned!

I'm writing my own curriculum using Sonlight's old Core F/5 as my base. So, um, no... not done here. :D

Im getting there but I am not finished. My biggest problem is that we run Jan-Nov, but the sales all happen in April-June so I have to choose curriculum months in advance to get the discounts. It's really hard to think about next year when for us, this year is not even half over!

Im getting there but I am not finished. My biggest problem is that we run Jan-Nov, but the sales all happen in April-June so I have to choose curriculum months in advance to get the discounts. It's really hard to think about next year when for us, this year is not even half over!

This is something I just discovered. It makes me want to go back to generally following the sept.-whatever school year. Besides math, Latin and writing I have no idea what I am (going to be) doing.

Not. Even. Close. :D

I haven't purchased anything for next year. This is our first year, and we've been sorting through what's working and what's not. So I finally have everything squared away for the rest of THIS year and through the summer... does that count?? ;)

We have a list made, and it's probably 80% finalized, but I need to wait for our conference and get my hands on a couple things before making final decisions. I'll probably start ordering here in the next couple weeks.

Honestly, we did our ITBS testing this past week, and we'd been focused on getting through that, so now I can return to obsessing over future curriculum, LOL!!

:iagree:

This is our first year having a Jan-Nov schooling and finding the same problems. I'm also reevaluating our plans. After having been inspired by the CiRCE big thread, I'm looking at shifting the focus of our schooling from history-centric to lit-centric. Plus I have my oldest going into high school and I'm still trying to muddle my way through high school requirements and such. Thank goodness I *do* have 8 months to figure it all out! :tongue_smilie:

lol. Your title says 2012-23. I thought, now THERE is someone that is organized! They have the next 10 years planned :lol: This s/o thread is going to be huge cause I can't imagine that many folks having the next 10 years planned!

I'm writing my own curriculum using Sonlight's old Core F/5 as my base. So, um, no... not done here. :D

I so wish there was a way to go back and fix that! :blush:

I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about what I want to use, but I'm definitely not set. Some things will be easy as we will just be continuing what we are already doing. Other things I haven't made a final decision or plan for yet. I have all summer to fine tune our plans, no stress here. :)

....So I finally have everything squared away for the rest of THIS year and through the summer... does that count?? ;)

...This sounds a little like me! I just ordered Noeo Physics and we will start the minute it arrives. :)

Honestly, we did our ITBS testing this past week, and we'd been focused on getting through that, so now I can return to obsessing over future curriculum, LOL!!

We just did that testing recently. Glad that's over. We didn't have to test, but we thought, among other reasons, that it is easier to learn to do things like that now. Dd has almost never had a test in her life.

Same here.

Certain areas I know what we are doing: We are continuing with CLE Math for both kids and adding LoF for DS. For history we will get SOTW4 on CD from library and listen to it over the summer and then start SOTW1 anew in the fall. I ordered the Young Scientists Club (12 month plan) and will fill in with library books. We will continue piano lessons and add The Story of the Orchestra. And PE will be covered via rock climbing, dance, football, and baseball.

Then there are others: LA, Spelling, Latin, Art, Geography... I HAVE NO CLUE! Especially where DS is involved. DD I can envision finishing CLE LTR and transitioning to FLL, HWoT, and Spelling Power, using Evan-Moor Beginning Geography, reviewing SSL, and using the various drawing books we have. DS I am completely in a tizzy over (if you've seen any of my 1,000 posts on the subject on the curriculum board). I'd love to place an order during the sales but I just can't make any decisions.

Just shoot me!

I haven't bought a thing. I've been obsessing. Mostly about TOG and Sonlight but I've been exploring other options as well. I think I've decided. On none of the above. Probably going to have to put something together on my own which is disheartening. I would like the reading schedule all laid out for me... Ok, must stop obsessing again.

We will be using Singapore math again, and R&S grammar. If we pick Latin back up, we'll finish using Latin 4 Children, which we already have on hand. I don't know about science. I just know we want to do biology. :)

This is something I just discovered. It makes me want to go back to generally following the sept.-whatever school year. Besides math, Latin and writing I have no idea what I am (going to be) doing.

Can I ask what you're using for writing? (I'm obviously not settled either)

I have about 80% down and am still working on some stuff.

Edited by emski4379

I'm usually finishing up my planning and/or purchases by about this time in the spring, but I've done nothing! Nothing other than make a few mental notes about new things I want to try. Mostly we'll be doing the next thing or moving on to the next volume in each subject, so there are not too many major decisions to make this year. . . thankfully enough!

I've started planning, but I don't have all materials yet. Reading through CM's volumes too, gleaning wisdom here and there, evaluating what's important and determining where we're heading. Dd is also going to be joining us in the fall, which makes me both excited and tense :tongue_smilie:

At least I know what I don't want. However, I'm having a hard time making decisions this year, especially when it comes to ds. I think dd's K is going to be easy compared to ds' fourth grade coursework.

Can I ask what you're using for writing? (I'm obviously not settled either)

I have about 80% down and am still working on some stuff.

Just daily copywork this year (I have the old FFL1/2 already so may incorporate that and have already spent time with WWE1) because my intention has long been to do Classical Writing, starting with Primer in 2nd grade. WWE is my back up plan until I find another, if CW doesn't work out.

I certainly don't. I've got history and literature and maybe art because I bought the history books 2 years ago and never used them, I can't stop myself from collecting good books, and we've done almost none of the art lessons from the program I ordered for this year. I'm pretty certain what to use for math, but I just ordered the first unit of Beast Academy, so plans may change depending on how well it clicks. For English I keep waffling between ILL and MCT, though we could very well just continue with Galore Park...and then I wonder if I should get WWE and/or Killgallon Sentence Composing. :001_huh: Science, I think I have finally figured out, but I have to A) find the funds and B) actually order it and hope I get everything since the publisher seems to have customer service issues. I think I've got Latin settled, but no clue for Spanish. :willy_nilly: Argh!

Does it get harder to plan every year, or am I just getting pickier?