Menu

Oh My! How Have I Lived This Long Without...

Hedgehogs4

A comb-binder!!!

I may be a late-comer to this party, but a friend just loaned me a comb-binder and I :001_wub: !

I have been intrigued with the idea of making quarterly notebooks with all reading assignments and worksheets for TOG in them, and as soon as I made my first one, I found about a hundred other uses for the binder.

Face it...I am an office / school supply junkie. :D

My favorite way to use one for TOG is to make a quarterly workbook of the maps and a teachers copy. I tend to change the other worksheets week by week so that didn't work out as well. They are so fun, my kids have made all kinds of books too.:)

This is what I wanted to hear. I would not use it for my LG daughter because I am not consistent with SAP pages, etc. For my D son I have included pp. 4, 5 with his reading assignments, p. 6 with the timeline points and famous people, p. 11 (for all levels), pp. 16-18 which include the Accountability Questions and the SAP, and the map if there is one. I am giving it a test run this quarter to see if it is a system that will work for next year.

What is it? A manual comb binding machine?

Oh wow, I didn't realize these machines were so affordable. Now I want one!

What kind was it? I've got a paper problem that won't quit. I'd love to bind some booklets for the kids.

YUP!

this is the one i'm using and ordering. :D

Oh, no! Another thing to add to my "Want List!" The other day I went to Staples with my four daughters and my second oldest said to me (with arms full of a new clipboard, colored ball point pens, and a desk organizer,) "Mom, I can't quite explain it, but office supplies make me happy!" Oh, honey... I soooooooooo understand!

Oh, no! Another thing to add to my "Want List!" The other day I went to Staples with my four daughters and my second oldest said to me (with arms full of a new clipboard, colored ball point pens, and a desk organizer,) "Mom, I can't quite explain it, but office supplies make me happy!" Oh, honey... I soooooooooo understand!

:iagree:

YUP!

this is the one i'm using and ordering. :D

I bought a cheaper one last night. I've spent the last month sorting stuff out. I can't begin to say how lovely it would be to bind the kids papers together. A spelling notebook. A writing assignment notebook. A math notebook. A countries of the world notebook. A history notebook. Sounds like heaven.

It's wonderful that she can verbalize that already.:D

Very useful. Very!

In order of usefulness for hsing:

1. Computer

2. Printer: Laser Duplexer - a bit pricier at first but way cheaper than the ink jet to operate. More than pays for itself in saved ink. And the doubled-sided printing means less wasted paper and narrower binders on the shelf. Woo-Hoo!

3. Copier

4. Comb Binder

5. Scanner

For us a comb binder was a great purchase.

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

I'm so glad you posted this! I'm on a mission to make these little Montessori books for my twins, and I was going to price out the binding cost at kinks or staples, but I think it may be cheaper to just buy one.

Then I can bind whatever I want, whenever I want. Bwa ha ha ha ha!:lol:

It's one of my favorite things:lol:

DH thought it would be fun to have one, since he knows I am an office supply addict (don't ever leave me alone in an Office Depot because you will never find me again!). Anyway, we use it for tog workbooks, presidents books, state books, etc. The kids love doing their note booking because they feel like they are making mini-encyclopedias!

If you want to give this a try without the commitment of buying the gear quite yet I used to work in a printing/copy store and we charged next to nothing for this. Spiral binding also and option.

You can also turn a bound paperback book into a spiral- or comb-bound book by cutting off the edge (or have a print shop do this with an industrial cutter) and punching the loose sheets and cover. I've seen musicians do this so that the music will lie flat or sit on a music stand. It would be handy with all those teacher manuals.

:crying: My birthday isn't until November! Maybe I can ask for one for Mother's Day?

I would love love love to have one of these to keep samples/portfolio papers for my kids' high school work! Much better than the various boxes/binders that I have hiding in the corners of my pantry right now! So easy to take stuff out of their TOG unit binders and put right into a nice, neat booklet!

A comb-binder!!!

I may be a late-comer to this party, but a friend just loaned me a comb-binder and I :001_wub: !

I have been intrigued with the idea of making quarterly notebooks with all reading assignments and worksheets for TOG in them, and as soon as I made my first one, I found about a hundred other uses for the binder.

Face it...I am an office / school supply junkie. :D

ARC!!!!Try the Staples Arc system and you will be hooked! :D It's much better then comb binding, promise. :)