Menu

Anyone here use Truvia?

I prefer using NuNaturals stevia (the straight stuff, not cut with maltodextrin) and erythritol. Same ingredients as Truvia but I like the taste of these two combined much better than Truvia. I keep truvia packets on hand once in a while but when I bake I use erythritol and NuNaturals.

I like buying my erythritol from Global Sweet because they offer a non GMO product sourced from the US.

I love it. I've been using the packets, tried every brand: W-M, Sam's, etc. I do not taste any bitterness or off taste.

I found a large, spice type container of it at Trader Joe's tonight, that will make it more cost effective, easy to spoon or sprinkle. Great idea.

I did research on it, and came up with stories about it being used for many years in other countries, and lots of puzzling about why it took so long to become approved for sale here.....conjecture that appoval was held up by another sweetener company, that advertises being naturally derived....can't remember all the facts, but I did come away liking what I read about Stevia.

Funny that most of the brands of little packets of Stevia are green, and there are already white, blue, yellow and pink packets on the tables in restaurants. What a rainbow!