Menu

slight vent about a comment from dh

So I've been feeling a bit burned out lately. When I started thinking about it, I realized that we haven't taken a break since the week after New Year's. To me, that's a pretty long stretch, so I decided: You know what, I need a break.

We're taking this week off (started this past Friday). I'll leave Thursday for the Greenville convention.

Dh just walked in the room and said, "I'm not happy that you're taking this week off." I'm like, "Wha??? Why?" He said, "The kids in the neighborhood aren't on spring break." Me: "So?" Him: "Well, our kids are just lying around the house all day."

I think it's perfectly okay for my kids to lie around the house for a week, in order for me to chill and regroup and not end up on the 11 o'clock news, ya know?

That's all. Just needed to say that to someone.

:grouphug:

Bet they're not actually lying around the house all day...

:iagree: Weeks like that are great IMO. My kids get creative, find books they haven't picked up in a while, run around like crazy outside, etc. Maybe your DH would like to pick up some schooling with your kids for the week!? ;)

So I've been feeling a bit burned out lately. When I started thinking about it, I realized that we haven't taken a break since the week after New Year's. To me, that's a pretty long stretch, so I decided: You know what, I need a break.

We're taking this week off (started this past Friday). I'll leave Thursday for the Greenville convention.

Dh just walked in the room and said, "I'm not happy that you're taking this week off." I'm like, "Wha??? Why?" He said, "The kids in the neighborhood aren't on spring break." Me: "So?" Him: "Well, our kids are just lying around the house all day."

I think it's perfectly okay for my kids to lie around the house for a week, in order for me to chill and regroup and not end up on the 11 o'clock news, ya know?

That's all. Just needed to say that to someone.

Did he have a reason why your kids don't deserve a spring break?

Did he have a reason why your kids don't deserve a spring break?

He thinks that they should be on break when all the other neighborhood kids are on break. Plus, he and I are going away on vacation by ourselves during the third week of April, so he thinks that we shouldn't take this week off when we're going to take that week off while we're gone (kids are going to my parents' house, and I'm not going to send any actual schoolwork with them).

The kids in my district got a whole week off for president's day, they call it "ski week" though few families have the funds to go skiing. then they have spring break in another week. Plus constant holidays and teacher work days and half days for conferences. Tell him it is Chill Out week, and when he is the one teaching he can decide about when to take off.

I'm going to give your dh the benefit of the doubt that he's a guy, but one of the walking anxious (Hey! Hi! :D ) I would set up the coolest Netflix vids I could find, documentaries or nor, perhaps on subjects which excit your dh. Let he conversation begin at dinner. :) We recently hear questionimg from my youngest about why Annie Sullivan could never have a life without Helen.

Maybe you folks can watch a bunch of espisodes about Mythbusters or the like? Have fun with it. Are you near museums? A nice aquarium? Dos your downtown have some small art studios and hot chocloate stop nearby?

Edited by LibraryLover

Next time he tries to, er, drink teA with you, tell him, "Nah, I was talking to the other wives in the neighborhood and they aren't having teA tonight, so I don't think I should either. I know how important it is to you that we do everything on the same schedule everyone else in the neighborhood does." :P

Next time he tries to, er, drink teA with you, tell him, "Nah, I was talking to the other wives in the neighborhood and they aren't having teA tonight, so I don't think I should either. I know how important it is to you that we do everything on the same schedule everyone else in the neighborhood does." :P

Haha!!! I love this answer!

I'm going to give your dh the benefit of the doubt that he's a guy, but one of the walking anxious (Hey! Hi! :D ) I would set up the coolest Netflix vids I could find, documentaries or nor, perhaps on subjects which excit your dh. Let he conversation begin at dinner. :) We recently hear questionimg from my youngest about why Annie Sullivan could never have a life without Helen.

Maybe you folks can watch a bunch of espisodes about Mythbusters or the like? Have fun with it. Are you near museums? A nice aquarium? Dos your downtown have some small art studios and hot chocloate stop nearby?

The bolded is EXACTLY the way he is. Of course, I tend toward this myself, which I imagine is a large reason why I'm feeling in need of a break. And these ideas are great. We're going to watch a DVD today that I got from Netflix (The Agony and the Ecstasy), and have a poetry teatime.

:lol: I love it! :tongue_smilie:

I didn't respond to everyone, but again, thanks for the support. It helps to know I'm not crazy.

:lol::lol::lol: