Menu

Strawberry Spinach Salad question

I would love to make a strawberry-spinach salad. I have both of those, red onions, and almonds. My question is what kind of salad dressing would be good with this? I have a raspberry vinaigrette I've never tried. I have Italian and a sweet vidalia onion that is like a honey mustard flavor a little. I think we have ranch, too. Would any of these work, or is there something I could make that would be better?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Yes, please share!

I was wrong. It does have sugar. Sorry. I guess I cut back on the sugar so in my brain there isn't any.

1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar

1/4 Cupt Cider Vinegar

1/2 cup oil

2 tsp minced onion

1/2 cup sugar

1 Tbls poppyseeds

I make this salad quite a bit, especially for company. :) Here's the recipe I use:

Sesame Poppy Seed Dressing:

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup poppy seeds (or less)

1/4 tsp paprika

1/4 cup raspberry cider vinegar

1-1/2 tsp chopped onion

1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup vegetable oil

* The amount of sugar is a bit daunting, but the dressing is incredibly delicious so I try to ignore how much sugar went into it. ;)

Guest Kimbo417

I've done a poppy-seed dressing salads much like you're describing and it worked well. Easy too! But the dressings you've listed sound like they'd work too?

I would love to make a strawberry-spinach salad. I have both of those, red onions, and almonds. My question is what kind of salad dressing would be good with this? I have a raspberry vinaigrette I've never tried. I have Italian and a sweet vidalia onion that is like a honey mustard flavor a little. I think we have ranch, too. Would any of these work, or is there something I could make that would be better?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

I do a strawberry/spinach avocado salad. For dressing, I mix olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar. It's YUMMY.

I use this blush wine vinaigrette:

http://www.plummarket.com/home/natural-and-specialty-grocery/condiments-dressings/brianna-s-blush-wine-vinaigrette-dressing-12oz.html

You can find it at almost any grocery store :)

In my salad, I put the Spinach, Strawberries, Avocado, diced red onion and candied walnuts :) Yummy!!