Menu

Best place to purchase Easter dresses?

I have three DDs (as you can see in my siggy). The 6 1/2-year-old wears a 7/8, the 4-year-old a 4T, and the 20 month old is little for her age and fits in 18 months things the best.

I have been dreading the day when I can no longer get them matching dresses for Easter and Christmas, and this might be that day. I have been to JCPenney, Kohl's, Old Navy, Children's Place--the only things I can find in all of their sizes is over $30 a dress...and I really was hoping to pay $20 or less :)

I don't necessarily want the super-frilly pastel numbers either--I would rather have something they can wear again later in the spring/summer. I'm a pretty frugal girl.

Any tips or places I should check out online?

Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory? They have tons of pretty dresses this time of year, and they're usually under $25-30 for the really fancy dresses, and more like $15 for the regular dresses. I find lots of my girls' dresses here. Also, check Sam's Club, Ross Dress for Less, and TJ Maxx. Ross is hit-or-miss for me, but once in a while I find a fabulous deal!

Lana

I have a 6 year old DD who wears a size 7 and a 20 month old who is in an 18month/24month. I found a great deal at Belk for their matching dresses. They were 40% off and I got an additional 20% off with a coupon. :) They had several dresses that had matching counterparts in the toddler section and girls' section.

How about a JC penny's? We saw a ton of adorable dresses for between $20-30 there. I did end up getting my youngest girls theirs from Costco, but my oldest will get hers from Penny's when we get $$ again.

Most of the time, I actually do resale shops for dresses because I cannot fathom spending even $20 on a dress sometimes. These needed to double for Easter and a summer wedding though, so I actually hit the store!

I second Gymboree and also Children's Place. Sign up for coupons via their websites, and the clothing isn't quite as expensive.

If you have a Marshall's near you, they have less expensive cute dresses, too.

FWIW, I bought 3 of this dress from Gymboree for my 3 daughters ages 9, 8 and 4. I also truly feel it's our last year for matching because my girls are tall for their ages and therefore need larger sizes, and my 9 year old will likely be in junior sizes by next year. No more cutesy clothing at her age, sadly.

Good luck. I have first hand experience with trying to find matching clothing that doesn't break the bank, so I know how it goes. :)

I have three DDs (as you can see in my siggy). The 6 1/2-year-old wears a 7/8, the 4-year-old a 4T, and the 20 month old is little for her age and fits in 18 months things

I have 3 girls around the same ages and sizes. My go-to places for matching sets of dresses are: Hanna Andersson, Tea Collection, and Olive Juice Kids. Mini Boden has cute matching stuff but I never wind up ordering from them.

We usually get the girls one or two new dresses and then head to the resale stores for the rest. Because we have very limited storage space, I only have 4 of each item for each girl (4 shorts, 4 tee shirts, etc.) so each one has to "work" with the others. I often find one thing for one girl and then comb through the resale stores for something that works with it and with the other girls' corresponding outfits. If you have enough time, I'm sure you could find three white dresses and then dress them up with new grosgrain ribbon sashes or matching pretty shoes.

Happy dress shopping!

Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory? They have tons of pretty dresses this time of year, and they're usually under $25-30 for the really fancy dresses, and more like $15 for the regular dresses. I find lots of my girls' dresses here. Also, check Sam's Club, Ross Dress for Less, and TJ Maxx. Ross is hit-or-miss for me, but once in a while I find a fabulous deal!

Lana

:iagree:

Whenever my MIL visits we shop for matching dresses for my nieces (7/8 & 3T) and we have the most success at Burlington Coat Factory. My Kmart also often has matching (or coordinating) dresses for toddlers & older girls.

target or tj maxx maybe? i'm surprised kohl's didn't have better deals. my daughter received her's from justice (my mom had some additional coupon or something from somewhere). it's more of a long sundress, but t is really cute. my mom bought it on sale for her & i believe it was under $20.

Edited by mytwomonkeys

Thank you for all the help! Instead of mindless trudging through every local store, I went looking online. I had completely given up on Gymboree because I was sure they were too expensive. But lo and behold, this is what I found, on sale plus 30% off plus a 20% off coupon! Mission accomplished!