Menu

Creative insults (influenced by Shakespeare)

Forget fathead and stupid. How about, you "mammering, onion-eyed miscreant". An English teacher at a high school in Indiana has assembled this list which will delight those who love words.

If you prefer to be insulted, you can go to the Shakespearean Insult generator and click the "insult me" button.

A novel way of getting your squabbling children to practice new vocabulary.

Jane

Forget fathead and stupid. How about, you "mammering, onion-eyed miscreant". An English teacher at a high school in Indiana has assembled this list which will delight those who love words.

If you prefer to be insulted, you can go to the Shakespearean Insult generator and click the "insult me" button.

A novel way of getting your squabbling children to practice new vocabulary.

Jane

...Thou craven common-kissing canker-blossom!

...Thou beslubbering beef-witted barnacle!

The alliterations in those are almost as wonderful as the insults. Cute, Jane. Very cute. You've certainly given us a possible improvement on our banal natures with this. :lol:

I got, "Thou spongy flap-mouthed gudgeon!"

Do you think if I show my kids this website they'll come up with more creative insults for their siblings? ;)

Jane, can I do a brief spin-off?* I have a book a friend gave me a year or so ago, called How to Insult, Abuse and Insinuate in Classical Latin

Res Pertricos est, Cotile, bellus homo. - A pretty fellow is a waste of space, Cotilus. ~ Martial, Epigrams III.63

Mufrius, non magister. - You're not a guru, you're a gorilla. ~ Petronius, Satyricon

Quicumque ubi sunt, qui fuerunt quique futuri sunt posthac stulti, stolidi, fatui, fungi, bardi, blenni, buccones . . . - Of all the past, present and future fatheads, idiots, imbeciles, mushrooms, morons, hare-brains and chipmunk-cheeks . . . ! ~ Plautus, Mnesilochus

And, here are some more Latin insults, made official by the University of Oklahoma.

Very funny! (Please forgive the hopefully slight thread hijack!) :D

Jane, can I do a brief spin-off?* I have a book a friend gave me a year or so ago, called How to Insult, Abuse and Insinuate in Classical Latin

Res Pertricos est, Cotile, bellus homo. - A pretty fellow is a waste of space, Cotilus. ~ Martial, Epigrams III.63

Mufrius, non magister. - You're not a guru, you're a gorilla. ~ Petronius, Satyricon

Quicumque ubi sunt, qui fuerunt quique futuri sunt posthac stulti, stolidi, fatui, fungi, bardi, blenni, buccones . . . - Of all the past, present and future fatheads, idiots, imbeciles, mushrooms, morons, hare-brains and chipmunk-cheeks . . . ! ~ Plautus, Mnesilochus

And, here are some more Latin insults, made official by the University of Oklahoma.

Very funny! (Please forgive the hopefully slight thread hijack!) :D

Excellent! I tried to rep you for this, Michelle, but apparently I have to spread it around. My son will love the Latin insults!

Jane