Menu

Tornadoes Today

My parents house was in the path of one of the tornadoes this afternoon, but they are okay! The house next door (just north) had their boat picked up out of a carport and dropped in the middle of the road. Just down the hill (south), the old mill that was a fond memory of my childhood is completely gone. My parents' yard is covered with debris. I'm so thankful.

Please be praying for the families who have been hit and will be in the paths of those coming tonight.

Strong strong winds all. day. long. but I am so thankful that we haven't had the storms.

Dh just came home. He said on his way home he literally saw a semi truck and trailer turned over in the median. Dh pulled over to check on the driver (he was ok) and stayed with him until the police showed up.

We haven't had a tornado yet but I am afraid the wind alone is going to knock my house down. It is literally shaking and the windows are rattling. They let school out early and business are sending people home early. Groceries stores are packed. It is kind of crazy.

We're north of Nashville and it's windy as all get out here. The sky is dark and frankly I'm PRAYING this is ALL we get! I really don't want my kids freaking out once those sirens go off. My dogs bark and the kids just shake and cry.

This is the one thing I really wish we didn't have to deal with here in the south.

The safest place for our family is a closet. So glad I organized all of them back in January.:lol:

We have TONS of tree's behind us. They are swaying like a toothpick. Thankfully I just checked the local radar for our area and up until 9pm the storm and tornado coverage passes us right by. I hope those radars are accurate!

Praying for those families that are in the path of the storms.

Edited by mamaofblessings

We are in Nashville and just came up out of the basement. Those were huge hailstones! Amazingly, no major damage to the cars. It looks like the tornado warning for our area has been lifted and now it's a severe thunderstorm warning, with a tornado watch in effect until 9.

We are new to the area and all this tornado stuff is exceptionally unnerving, I have to say. At least with a hurricane you know well in advance. Thinking of everyone else in the path of these storms.

Edited by JennyD

We're in the Indy area. Strong winds, hail, rain today. Semis overturned on major interstates. Two towns between here and Louisville wiped out by a tornado. Wind is shaking the house now but rain/hail has basically stopped.

Susann, my sons are waiting right now to hear if their CAP squadron will be sent to Henryville and Marysville to help. The pictures on the news are horrible. :(

She seems to be fine. My mom got ahold of someone down there. It looks like my mom's cousin's house is destroyed, but we won't know more until tomorrow. Right now they are all at a Red Cross shelter. They won't let my mom pick them up and take them home with her because hwy 52 is closed.

She seems to be fine. My mom got ahold of someone down there. It looks like my mom's cousin's house is destroyed, but we won't know more until tomorrow. Right now they are all at a Red Cross shelter. They won't let my mom pick them up and take them home with her because hwy 52 is closed.

I'm so glad she's okay! I just talked to my parents, and they said it is starting to hail again and another storm is on the way.