Menu

And the diagnosis is.... (drum roll please)

I posted a few days ago about how sick I've been. Yesterday I was feeling much better so I thought I was on the tail end of the flu, hoping ds1 would be catching up as well. When I tried to walk this morning I realized I felt worse, so much worse, like I could barely walk. That prompted me to get the doctor, well the new nurse practitioner office, first thing this morning. Turns out we both have.......drum roll........

Pneumonia in our left lung

Something about spasming bronchial tubes

and DS2 has wheezing.

Prior to the diagnosis I had the pleasure of getting a long q-tip up my nose to rule out the flu.

Just having a diagnosis has lifted my spirits and so has dh (he came home from work early from out of town). We now have hardcore antibiotics, cough syrup with codeine, and a nebulizer. We should be feeling better by Sunday. If we aren't, or start feeling worse, we are to either call her or come in on Monday. I am so glad to know I am going to be getting better soon, I was starting to feel like I was going to be sick forever.

Let the healing begin!

SJ

I posted a few days ago about how sick I've been. Yesterday I was feeling much better so I thought I was on the tail end of the flu, hoping ds1 would be catching up as well. When I tried to walk this morning I realized I felt worse, so much worse, like I could barely walk. That prompted me to get the doctor, well the new nurse practitioner office, first thing this morning. Turns out we both have.......drum roll........

Pneumonia in our left lung

Something about spasming bronchial tubes

and DS2 has wheezing.

Prior to the diagnosis I had the pleasure of getting a long q-tip up my nose to rule out the flu.

Just having a diagnosis has lifted my spirits and so has dh (he came home from work early from out of town). We now have hardcore antibiotics, cough syrup with codeine, and a nebulizer. We should be feeling better by Sunday. If we aren't, or start feeling worse, we are to either call her or come in on Monday. I am so glad to know I am going to be getting better soon, I was starting to feel like I was going to be sick forever.

Let the healing begin!

SJ

There is much security and peace is knowing what the problem is, feel better soon!! :grouphug:

I am so glad you went to the Dr. It was the 'getting worse' just when you thought you were on the mend that raised an alarm for me. Everyone I have known with pneumonia has followed that pattern. I am always telling people to pay attention if they start to feel worse when they should be feeling better.

I hope your healing is speedy and uneventful.