Menu

Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA -- Anyone stayed there?

We've stayed there many times (we live in Chesapeake so we're only about 45 minutes away)

The rooms have always been clean. There was one time when we had an issue with ants getting in through the balcony, but we mentioned it at the desk and they gave us a new room immediately and then took of 1 days charge for the room. We usually stay in the Kid's Cabin suite so there is a somewhat separate room with 3 beds in it for the kids.

We've stayed there many times (we live in Chesapeake so we're only about 45 minutes away)

The rooms have always been clean. There was one time when we had an issue with ants getting in through the balcony, but we mentioned it at the desk and they gave us a new room immediately and then took of 1 days charge for the room. We usually stay in the Kid's Cabin suite so there is a somewhat separate room with 3 beds in it for the kids.

We've stayed there once, and it was very clean and very nice! :)

Thank you both! Glad to know this!:001_smile:

We've stayed twice. Clean rooms both times.

Once was a Kid Cabin, once was a Bear Den - I thought the Kid Cabin room (2nd floor) seemed a bit ... not cleaner, but newer. Bear Den (water park level, directly across from the Cub Club) was clean, but just seemed to show more wear.

We've had a great time there, and will be going back. :)

We've also been there twice. We always stay in a Grizzly suite (I think that's it--whatever the biggest suite, with 2 bedrooms, that sleeps 8), and they've been very nice and clean. I especially think the bathrooms are really clean! This last time we were on the top floor, and my dh happened to mention as we were checking out that it looked like there was water damage on one part of the ceiling that they should check out (on the top floor, the rooms have cathedral ceilings), and they took money off our bill too, which was a surprise. He wasn't complaining, just letting them know!

We've been there twice, both times in the generic, less expensive rooms. We've never had a problem. To keep costs down, we bring food for breakfast and lunch (rooms have a fridge and a microwave). Last month we stayed on the ground floor, and we've never had a bug problem.

Here's a tip: Request a room that is NOT above the teen center. Loud, pulsing music reverberates through the floor until 11pm.:angry:

I have to say... while the room was clean, it wasn't brand new feeling. The carpet was a bit worn, there was a bit of minor penciled graffiti on the mural in the kids' "den" area and some of the paint on the mural was chipped. There were a few other things like that which I'm not recalling. Nothing I was going to pitch a fit over, that's for sure and nothing that made me feel like, ew, this is not clean. But I also was less impressed overall. It wasn't as amazing as I felt like some people say.

But we did have a great time there and the amenities more than made up for it. :)

Appearing to be clean or not. . . bed bugs have been such a huge issue for all types of hotels over the past few years so we strip the beds when we first enter -- before unpacking -- and use a quality flashlight to look along the seams of mattresses for bed bugs.

You don't want to wake up at 3 a.m. scratching.

Alley

We were there the week before Thanksgiving, and it was great. I really think that, for DD, it was better than Disney in a lot of respects. We had the suite with the cave inside (I think it's the wolf den, but my little dragon lover said it was a dragon cave), and with a refrigerator and microwave. We did breakfast in the room each day.

No sign of bugs or anything like that.