Menu

What's for dinner at your house?

Everytime you guys post what's for dinner, it's either cereal or chili over here..nothing exciting...butttttttt

I made THIS tonight!!

In the farm dining room, we are serving brussel sprouts in a warm cream sherry bacon sauce, accompanied by finger potatoes gently dusted with kosher salt, fresh garlic and olive oil bake to a tender center...the main course was New York strip marinated in a soy/garlic blend and grilled to order.

The FIRST time in 20 years all my kids ate ALL their brussel sprouts!!!! That was the whole purpose for this dinner other than NY Strip was on a ridiculous sale (our only time to eat it this year!) Of course my oldest is 16 but married for almost 20 so I'm counting my dh in that..he ate all his too!!! I had NO idea what cream sherry was but everyone said you could not substitute cooking sherry, so I bought this ridiculous tankert of it and guess I'll make a lot of this recipe of brussel sprouts, unless anyone else has an idea for it! :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brussels-sprouts-in-a-sherry-bacon-cream-sauce/detail.aspx

Everytime you guys post what's for dinner, it's either cereal or chili over here..nothing exciting...butttttttt

I made THIS tonight!!

In the farm dining room, we are serving brussel sprouts in a warm cream sherry bacon sauce, accompanied by finger potatoes gently dusted with kosher salt, fresh garlic and olive oil bake to a tender center...the main course was New York strip marinated in a soy/garlic blend and grilled to order.

The FIRST time in 20 years all my kids ate ALL their brussel sprouts!!!! That was the whole purpose for this dinner other than NY Strip was on a ridiculous sale (our only time to eat it this year!) Of course my oldest is 16 but married for almost 20 so I'm counting my dh in that..he ate all his too!!! I had NO idea what cream sherry was but everyone said you could not substitute cooking sherry, so I bought this ridiculous tankert of it and guess I'll make a lot of this recipe of brussel sprouts, unless anyone else has an idea for it! :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brussels-sprouts-in-a-sherry-bacon-cream-sauce/detail.aspx

I might be crazy, but I love brussel sprouts. Especially grilled or broiled.

Oh my goodness, my favorite topic lately. I've been planning meals a week in advance and I love knowing what we are going to eat. Tonight we had sour cream pork chops in the crock pot, mashed potatoes and peas. Tomorrow pierogi and green beans, (already cooked) Chicken Cordon Blue (sp??) on Friday. Saturday chili. Also already cooked.

I made THIS tonight!!

mmmmm that sounds really good. :drool: