Menu

Transcripts - list each semester, or just final grade?

Final grade only -- EXCEPT, when DSs were on public high school sports team, we had to abide by their rule, in which ALL students on teams have to provide transcript of grades every 4.5 weeks of the sport to prove they are keeping up to the school district's minimum required GPA in order to play. So, I just did a transcript for that year, with quarter grades, AND mid-quarter grades. (Obviously, all the other students attended that high school, so the registrar automatically handed that info over to the coach every 4.5 weeks...)

And, of course, it's a 10-week season, so I had submit a transcript 3 times during the season (at the beginning; middle; and just before the final week).

DD attended PS one year (9th) and the school transcript was done in semester format. I continued it. No problems at her colleges of choice.

I listed letter grade only-- no "+" or "-" so listing grades by semester gave dd the highest gpa possible as she made a few 'B's in one semester of a two-semester course.

DD attended PS one year (9th) and the school transcript was done in semester format. I continued it. No problems at her colleges of choice.

I listed letter grade only-- no "+" or "-" so listing grades by semester gave dd the highest gpa possible as she made a few 'B's in one semester of a two-semester course.

This is my question. :confused: Does the "+" or "-" help or hinder the gpa, or is it dependant on the actual grades? I'm trying to decide whether to do what Jann did or use the "+" or "-".

I listed letter grade only-- no "+" or "-"

:iagree:It was waaaaay too complicated for me to do anything else. I have not heard of a college questioning this.

Does the "+" or "-" help or hinder the gpa, or is it dependant on the actual grades?

If you go this route, the + and - will change the GPA. If it's important to you to give your student the credit s/he deserves for earning lots of A+s, B+s, etc., you might want to just "prove" the benefit by calculating one year's GPA. It might be more trouble than it's worth -- or maybe not!

Edited by Brigid in NC

On my daughter's transcript for grades 9 through 11, I listed a final grade for each course be it year long or quarter/semester long. (I also noted the credit for each course which generally made it apparent as to whether the course had lasted for the year or a lesser amount of time.)

For her 12th grade classes, I listed grades by the quarter. Since she was applying to college that year, I needed to list the year long classes as being in progress while some of her first quarter classes at the community college had already posted grades. (I'd be happy to send you a copy of the transcript if you'd like to see an example. Send me a personal message with your email address if interested.)

Regards,

Kareni

• 2 weeks later...
(I'd be happy to send you a copy of the transcript if you'd like to see an example. Send me a personal message with your email address if interested.)

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you Kareni!

I am very visual, so I can't "picture" the transcripts some of you are explaining. :001_huh:

I can do my own grades just fine, but when it involves more than our little homeschool, I get confused about the dual enrollment and quarters/semesters/all year grades and how to put it all on the transcript! :tongue_smilie:

If anyone else has any examples I could see, I'd love to see them! :D