Menu

Remember the girls with Tourettes???

I thought ammonia was a neurotoxin, but I could be wrong.

Also, maybe some pathogenic neurotoxins weren't killed by the chloramines in the water.

No idea really. I just happened to be reading about chloramines earlier in the evening and am now blaming everything on chloramine, especially my current state of being awake.

G'night.

I really dislike the stuff since that is what they use in our water and my gravity filter doesn't remove it. If that is what they use to treat the water in their community, I think you would see people of all ages, male and female, with problems. I do wish they didn't add it to our water though.

Well like Dr. Drew said there is probably a much higher concentration of deaths adult and infant wise in the area if they went and researched it.

So those are probably the other 40 yrs worth of victims. Just maybe no one spoke up or connected the dots until now.

I don't think this is conversion disorder. Something environmental is going on.

I don't see how this has any relevance whatsoever to the situation with the girls. Where are the other forty years' worth of victims of all ages?

She has no technical expertise except for getting people upset. She's a paralegal, presumably speaking as an agent of her PI lawyer boss, Masry. She's in the news here because she is trolling for victims. Her hyperbolic statements are designed to whip people up (e.g., 12 years - which by the way is not at all unusual - suddenly becomes "20", in the same paragraph).

1971 to 1990= 19 years, no?

People can be experts in a field even if they do not have a degree to back it up. She may be "just a paralegal," but I do believe that she has become an expert in environmental pollution and what that does to people.

Now, is this the cause of what's going on with the girls? Who knows, but I think it's worth investigating. I'm not sure why you would blow off the idea without wanting further information.

I don't see how this has any relevance whatsoever to the situation with the girls. Where are the other forty years' worth of victims of all ages?

She has no technical expertise except for getting people upset. She's a paralegal, presumably speaking as an agent of her PI lawyer boss, Masry. She's in the news here because she is trolling for victims. Her hyperbolic statements are designed to whip people up (e.g., 12 years - which by the way is not at all unusual - suddenly becomes "20", in the same paragraph).

Did you watch the video? I had the same thoughts as you until I watched it. Like I said, she makes an interesting preliminary case. I doubt that is what it will turn out to be, but what she says is shocking, if it is true.

Did you watch the video? I had the same thoughts as you until I watched it. Like I said, she makes an interesting preliminary case. I doubt that is what it will turn out to be, but what she says is shocking, if it is true.

:iagree: That's why I posted it only as "an interesting interview". I am definitely curious to hear more about it.

I don't have a clue what is going on with those girls. Could be hysterical, could be illness, could be toxic exposure. I don't know. I'm a liberal, I love nature, I mistrust. Blah blah blah. I'm even a Julia Roberts fan. :tongue_smilie: EB is an ambulance chaser. Her motives are suspect.

I'm sorry, I was just skimming the article (to keep myself from gagging. I do apologize, but I have strong feelings - please don't misunderstand, not about your post!) and I was looking at the other paragraph below - my mistake (I thought she was speaking of the agencies' actions from 1999 until the present). I did not watch the video.

I'm trying very hard to refrain from saying more on such a public forum, but I would not be quick to accept her conclusions. Having been an attorney in environmental litigation of similar nature, having written federal appellate briefs on such topics, and having reviewed gazillions of pages of technical reports on describing and remediating environmental insult, I can assure you that legal expertise and technical, scientific expertise in this area are very very very different things. That's why there are very specific rules about expert testimony in court. The world of journalism, of course, doesn't involve such rules. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any investigation into this site - I know nothing about this site - but there are roles and avenues. Sensationalism would not be one I'd choose.

As for the girls, I haven't paid very close attention, but it does not make sense that environmental damage from decades ago would so suddenly cause tourettes symptoms only in this small group and not large numbers of others. ETA, it wouldn't surprise me if there were some other type of exposure, but not this.

Edited by LibraryLover

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking about this as well. My DH said they hit you with several all at once regardless of what you have already had. This of course was many years ago, the policy may have changed.

I tried looking it up, and it looks like there are at least a few that are given no matter if you have had them already.

My son is in Navy boot camp right now. They said recruits could bring vaccination record. He chose not to bring his and just get re-vaccinated for everything. (He got all of his shots before 5yo, and has had no recent vaccinations except tetanus after a dog bite a couple years ago.)