Menu

Who are the Duggars?

I keep hearing them mentioned on this board. They sound very interesting. Is there an article or book about them someone can recommend. Thanks!

Who are the Duggars? Who are the Duggars? Have you been living under a rock?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I am a smart aleck.

That is one heck of a house!

Tile floors, vaulted ceilings, an open floor plan, and a balcony overlooking it with 17 kids... I can't imagine the noise unless the kids are required to actually whisper! It'd be a huuuuuuge echo chamber.

]Although I have to admit, I admire them for not caring what other people think about their hair or their shirt buttons or their choice of fabrics. They're probably living with less general angst than I am.

Wow...you took the words out of my mouth.

Ronda

Tile floors, vaulted ceilings, an open floor plan, and a balcony overlooking it with 17 kids... I can't imagine the noise unless the kids are required to actually whisper! It'd be a huuuuuuge echo chamber.

When I saw that balcony, all I could think of was "Safety Hazard." My 3.5 year old daughter goes around all day picking up little things that my mom puts down (when she's over visiting), and saying, "You can't put that down there, Grammy, it's a CHOKING HAZARD." Sigh. So... wow, and the Duggars have a sliding board/chute from the boys' room into the playroom. It looks like a fun house to me. I wish they would adopt me for a day! I'd love some Tater Tot Casserole. :001_smile:

When I saw that balcony, all I could think of was "Safety Hazard."

...the Duggars have a sliding board/chute from the boys' room into the playroom. It looks like a fun house to me. I wish they would adopt me for a day! I'd love some Tater Tot Casserole. :001_smile:

Ha! Yes, with THAT many little boys, the temptation to throw something off...at some point...that they shouldn't must be overwhelming to at least one of them. And that's without dangling THEMSELVES off it or anything like that! I wouldn't worry about my DS with a balcony, but if I were planning on having more and didn't know how many "bumps" it'd take THOSE kids to learn to obey safety rules, I'd be really chary of that!

I LOVE the slide and the climbing wall, though.

When I saw that balcony, all I could think of was "Safety Hazard." My 3.5 year old daughter goes around all day picking up little things that my mom puts down (when she's over visiting), and saying, "You can't put that down there, Grammy, it's a CHOKING HAZARD." Sigh. So... wow, and the Duggars have a sliding board/chute from the boys' room into the playroom. It looks like a fun house to me. I wish they would adopt me for a day! I'd love some Tater Tot Casserole. :001_smile:

You're in luck...the recipe for the casserole is on their website. Of course, I think it makes a zillion portions, which they'd have to have with that crowd!

Their lifestyle intriques me...but it's definitely not FOR me!