Menu

Santa oops!

So it is tradition that I get Andes Mints in my stocking. I always got them when I was a little girl and still do. Tonight I was eating a few mints and Littlest, who is 4 wanted me to share. I did give each of the kids one mint but was already a little perturbed because it was obvious they had already been into my stash. So Littlest proceeded to give me a big explanation about how they were for the whole family (and being very cute, I might ad). I was teasing with her a bit and said, "No, these are for Mommy. Remember, Santa gave them to me in my stocking?"

She replied, "No, Daddy bought them for you. I was with him."

Ooops! :lol:

That's AMOST as bad as me yelling at the children for not taking care of their Barbie house and telling them that I paid a lot of money for this and they need to take care of it-- "No you didn't, Santa gave it to us" :glare:

Santa is offically over at this house. I am tired of him getting all the credit for the great gifts (usually the ones that are too big to wrap).

Lara

Christmas Eve day dd was saying how excited she was that tomorrow was Christmas and I joined in said "yes, and I can't wait to play tea party with you and your new AG doll." :001_huh: She was to busy coloring and did not respond. I asked the boys "DidI just say that out loud?" They laughed at me:glare: I told them they both get coal!

Edited by lynn

Santa is offically over at this house. I am tired of him getting all the credit for the great gifts (usually the ones that are too big to wrap).

Santa doesn't get much credit here. This year he brought 2 movies, a soccer ball, and a couple of books - and that was a lot! Last year I think he got credit for only 1 video game. :lol:

We don't actually "do" Santa, it is more of a wink, wink here, but I do label all the clothing items for the boys "from Santa" and I did give Santa credit for the $5 deals from Best Buy!~ :D I would never label their expensive items from Santa, even if we don't "believe," I just won't give him that much credit!

Glad I am not the only one! LOL! We don't go to a ton of effort to make Santa "real" for the kids, and I also don't want Santa to get credit for the best gifts. Mom & Dad get the benefit of being awesome, at least for a day! That was a little difficult this year though bc DS wanted an iPod Touch - knowing that would be all he got (and it was - we literally wrapped the charging cable and the headphones separately so he would have more to open, LOL!). Since I didn't want his Santa gift to be anything related to the iPod, the jolly ol' elf brought him an Axe gift set. It was on his list though! LOL!

We used to do santa with my stepkids when they were young. (We don't anymore.)

I wasn't good at it, since I wasn't brought up 'doing' santa, so I just didn't have that mindset ingrained as well as dh.

One year, when dss was I think 6, I wrapped one of his gifts from 'Santa' in the box from the frog-shaped humidifier we had bought for his room a few months earlier. Dss noticed, of course, and wanted to know how Santa had the same box as we used to have.

:001_huh:

'Wow, uh, hmmm. Well, Santa sure does make a lot of things at his workshop. I'm sure he just used that box he had lying around because it was the right size'.

:tongue_smilie: FTR, I felt like a schmuck.

DS doesn't believe in S. anymore, but - in his words - doesn't want to let go, either.

We were shopping the week before Christmas and walked past an elaborate display of chocolates. Feeling generous, I told DS he could pick out a piece of candy. He replied that he didn't want any chocolate then, but there was one thing that he would really like in his Christmas stocking. I asked, "Can I buy it now, even though you are with me, or do I need to come back alone and hide it from you?" He said, "No. You can buy it now." Then he picked up the candy and put it in our shopping cart. :lol: It was a bittersweet moment. DS picking out his own stocking gifts.

I did go out of my way to hide it in his stocking, though, by wrapping it in layers of tissue paper.

So it is tradition that I get Andes Mints in my stocking. I always got them when I was a little girl and still do. Tonight I was eating a few mints and Littlest, who is 4 wanted me to share. I did give each of the kids one mint but was already a little perturbed because it was obvious they had already been into my stash. So Littlest proceeded to give me a big explanation about how they were for the whole family (and being very cute, I might ad). I was teasing with her a bit and said, "No, these are for Mommy. Remember, Santa gave them to me in my stocking?"

She replied, "No, Daddy bought them for you. I was with him."

Ooops! :lol:

That is funny!

We explain that we fund Santa so he can buy them toys. So he still has a budget.

When we told dd this last year, she sent a letter to Santa with her pennies in it so that he'd have enough money to get good presents. The post office returned them to us in a discreetly marked envelope...

We wrap each person's presents in a particular paper or just one color, but we don't put any labels on them. This way we don't have kids tearing into the presents without everyone being able to share what they got, and no-one gets credit.

We used to do santa with my stepkids when they were young. (We don't anymore.)

I wasn't good at it, since I wasn't brought up 'doing' santa, so I just didn't have that mindset ingrained as well as dh.

One year, when dss was I think 6, I wrapped one of his gifts from 'Santa' in the box from the frog-shaped humidifier we had bought for his room a few months earlier. Dss noticed, of course, and wanted to know how Santa had the same box as we used to have.

:001_huh:

'Wow, uh, hmmm. Well, Santa sure does make a lot of things at his workshop. I'm sure he just used that box he had lying around because it was the right size'.

:tongue_smilie: FTR, I felt like a schmuck.

:lol::lol:

We never did Santa because the lies were just too hard to keep straight :D

When my kids were young we lived next door to a family that went completely crazy at Christmas. They would save and find deals the entire year and one whole room would be filled with the boys' Christmas presents. When my kids went over to visit my son came back very disappointed. He said that Santa didn't like him very much because he didn't get a room full of presents. I told him that Santa consults with the parents and some parents don't think that having that many presents at Christmas is a good thing. So then ds was unhappy with both Santa and his parents. :lol: Life lessons at Christmas.