Menu

Help! Gift idea for 12 year old boy?

Some random ideas:

bike, skateboard, razor scooter, sports equipment, art supplies, fishing pole, science kits, chess set, legos or other building sets, snap circuits, movie tickets, pass to a museum or zoo, a special trip somewhere... That’s all I’ve got right now. What are his interests?

Dh and ds have this thing they call “men going out” and they hit the stores together, grab a bite to eat, etc. One year we got ds a bunch of gift cards so that he could have a shopping spree with dad. He loved that, more for the experience of hanging with dad all day.

Edited by dsmith

Some random ideas:

bike, skateboard, razor scooter, sports equipment, art supplies, fishing pole, science kits, chess set, legos or other building sets, snap circuits... That’s all I’ve got right now. What are his interests?

Where do you find snap circuits? Just curious, I have 12 yr old thats hard to buy for too.

Some random ideas:

bike, skateboard, razor scooter, sports equipment, art supplies, fishing pole, science kits, chess set, legos or other building sets, snap circuits... That’s all I’ve got right now. What are his interests?

We either have all of the above or he isn't interested in it.

He likes Heroscape. Which isn't being made any more and we already own what we have found still for sale.

I tell you what, there is lots of stuff I want and don't have, but these kids of mine have the sweet life. :001_unsure:

Does he play a musical instrument? Would he like to try guitar? I was about 12 when I got my first classical guitar and I loved it. It was a new "challenge".

Yes. He plays clarinet. And if he wanted, we already have two guitars, a bass sax, flute, trumpet, and some other I forget going unused at this time.

Along with electronic and book items, my 13yods is getting:

pj bottoms

flannel sheets

learn to solder kit (heard about it here on the boards last week)

Lego

MAKE Magazine (yes, heard about that one here too)

Possibly considered electronic, but I count as accessories:

rechargeable battery set

computer case/wireless mouse

I like the Tebow jersey that someone mentioned today, but I'm done buying.

Where do you find snap circuits? Just curious, I have 12 yr old thats hard to buy for too.

I’ve purchased them from Radio Shack and Amazon. I picked up a big set at a great price a few years ago at Radio Shack. It was half of what other stores were selling them for.

I ordered a book called, Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction: Build Implements of Spitball Warfare from Amazon.com after reading about it on a different gift-related thread here, and it looks very cool.

Hey, I figure my kid is going to want to take over the world some day, but he should probably start small just to get a feel for things, and I think this book might be of assistance. Taking over the world is a pretty big task, so I'm figuring my ds and your ds could team up and do it together. (Of course, they will still need lots of minions, but there's still time to plan for that...) ;)

Ds again. Backyard Ballistics. If you have a backyard, he'll LOVE this. Most of the projects need to be supervised, but the projects are awesome!

I was thinking of buying that one for ds, but I think some of the reviews said that a lot of the projects didn't work, so I chose the Mini-Weapons one instead.

Maybe I should order Backyard Ballistics, too, if your ds likes it.