Menu

Mixed emotions

My dh left for Tulsa half an hour ago. We are both soooooooo excited for him to have this job. I've been so focused on getting through the hiring process that I forgot about the part where we are going to be seperated during the week! :(

I'm not liking it already. Guess I better focus on educating my kid and organizing the house....and then be able to enjoy him when he is home.

:grouphug: I hate when dh goes on business trips. YOu think I'd be use to it by now but I'm not. I hope the week goes by fast!

Today was his first day...he will be home tonight for the weekend. Then back Sunday evening or Monday morning (depending on how the drive goes this morning!).

Are you guys moving at some point, or is this status quo for the duration?

We are moving. Our plan is to try to try to be moved by next June 1. That will give us time to get the house ready for sale...decide if we want to sell or rent and see what is available in the Tulsa area...as well as see where we want to live in that area.

Yeah, we couldn't do this long term. Our friends are already making bets on if we will make it until June or not. :001_huh:

We are moving. Our plan is to try to try to be moved by next June 1. That will give us time to get the house ready for sale...decide if we want to sell or rent and see what is available in the Tulsa area...as well as see where we want to live in that area.

Yeah, we couldn't do this long term. Our friends are already making bets on if we will make it until June or not. :001_huh:

I'm glad a move is on the horizon for you--I remember your earlier posts about the advantages to moving. Sorry, though, about the separation and the work that is ahead on housing issues. :grouphug:

Does he have an apartment or a residence hotel where you and your son could commute to Tulsa with him at least once in awhile?

Yes, we have put a deposit on an apt---ready for him to move in Jan 1. And then ds and I can go over there sometimes during the week with him.

The next two work weeks (which will both be short because of the holiday) he is staying with a friend of his.

It's just a brief phase then. Focus on the possibilities awaiting you. Don't dwell on the (relatively) minor inconvenience now. It'll just make you nuts.