Menu

Poll: Would you be there for your siblings and vice versa?

test  

1. 1. test

• yes
    • no

I'm not close to my sister but I would help her out under any circumstance, and did so once when she really needed family. I would like to believe she would do the same for me. We don't go out of our way to talk, but we haven't had a falling out that would prevent us from helping one another.

I can ditto what Tibbie said. :) I wish we were closer ALL the time, and we've all disappointed each other (mostly them disappointing me, to be honest) over the years, but in hard times we really try to help one another.

This was no clearer to me than when I arrived home after my miscarriage/D&C several years ago and ALL of my siblings and mom were there. This is the mom who "doesn't want" to babysit her grandschildren (EVER) and can't seem to drive over because it's dark, her dogs need her, she's tired, add whatever excuse there is in the blank here. LOL Pretty similar with my siblings. But I came home, devastated, and they were THERE.

sadly I only have one brother

I do not feel like he or his wife would do anything for us in a real need.

oh wait, he may send cash, but to DO something NAH.

I have started begging my boys to love each other and to always be there for each other.

I have told them I feel when my parents die, I won't see or speak to my brother again

Yes. No matter what.

Almost 5 years ago, I was in a serious accident and within a month, my wife left. My older sister and my mother took care of my kids for 4 months, and my younger brother moved back here to help me out. All of my siblings did their part and still help me out with whatever I need.

So, I'd do anything I could to be there for them, but I'll never be able to match what they've already done for me.

I would absolutely be there for my only sibling (brother) in any way I would be able. I do believe we would have the opportunity to be closer if he had made a different choice in who he married but he's happy. :) She's not mean or anything (I don't think) but she's not exactly a close type person and I don't think she wants his family too close.