Menu

kids toothpaste that's not gel, does it exist?

I am hoping someone can help me out! My 4 year old son does not like the blue gel toothpaste. He wants the plain white kind that mom and dad have, but I can't tell if any of the kid's toothpaste comes this way. From the bottles they all look pink or blue gel, but I can't be sure without opening them and I don't want to keep wasting money. So... if anyone uses a plain kid's paste please share with me the brand. Thanks!!

Tom's of Maine has a strawberry kids one that is a white paste.

Kids toothpastes generally have the same level of fluoride as adult paste, the only difference is the flavor. There are very few that are fluroide free...Spry is, Burts Bees might be, I can't remember.

Tom's of Maine has a strawberry kids one that is a white paste.

Kids toothpastes generally have the same level of fluoride as adult paste, the only difference is the flavor. There are very few that are fluroide free...Spry is, Burts Bees might be, I can't remember.

:iagree:Yep. My son's Cars toothpaste has the same amount of flouride as adult paste. They make "fluoride-free safe to swallow" toothpaste that is labelled for kids under 2, but the 2+ toothpastes I looked at all had the same fluoride content as adult paste.

I get the wanting a paste instead of gel, i'd recomment Crest original (regular?). Crest has a bluish tinted paste that isn't too strong

p.s. at our last dentist visit, october, my dentist told us the kids shouldn't rinse after brushing!!! to leave that last bit of fluoride on their teeth, but yuck! We use ACT rinse anyway so that didn't matter.

My older daughter also uses Tom's Strawberry, with flouride.

My younger primarily uses Weleda Calendula toothpaste, which doesn't have flouride. It's white and pasty, and it has an anise/black licorice flavor. She really really likes it.

Good luck! Neither of my girls like mint either.

:)