Menu

tall slim girl's jeans

My 12 yr old dd is very slim and very tall. Suddenly all her jeans are too short. But, I can't seem to find jeans that are long enough for her that are also not too big in the waist. She does not like low rise jeans, she wants them to fit at or just below the waist. Any suggestions on where to find them? I've tried LLBean, Landsend (those are the jeans now too short), Old Navy.

I think the Childens Place has slims up to size 14 or 16, with the adjustable waist. Their website is weird, though. You have to pick jeans in the left side navigation, then slims over there, too. (I would think they would just have slim / plus as a sizing option when you're looking at the pants, but they don't)

Old Navy also has slims, and they typically run long in the leg, at least in adult sizes.

Maybe try looking at places like Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe, where they have the super-teeny juniors sizes, like 00?

penny's has adjustable waist jeans. seems I was buying my daughter's there when she was a 'tween. depending upon how tall your dd is, you can look at junior or even misses's sizes.

My daughter (starving student wants affordable) was always very slim still buys her jeans there (much cheaper than tall girl) as they come in tall, online only, and she can get boot cut with a normal waist.

Tall skinny 12 yo girls are very familiar to me! When mine were that age, they were tall enough to move to the Junior department. Aeropostal, Forever 21, and American Eagle all had jeans that fit them the way they liked. The higher waist was difficult to find. Mine just got used to wearing the ones that were available. Today, the higher waist is becoming more in fashion again; so you might be able to find them easier.

Thanks ladies!! I will look at ALL the suggestions next time we go to the mall. Oldest has a bunch of jeans to pass down, but she is a totally different body shape. She was also much shorter at 12 than this dd is at 12. At least the shirts, sweaters, and jackets that were passed down fit!