Menu

iphone 4s Help!

I got the plain, white silicone case. I tried a bunch of them, but they were ALL just as slippery as the naked phone. The silicone has some grip to it. Also, my phone is black. I needed the case to be white so I could find it!

My old case was pink leather and had a clip. I saw nothing like it this time around (I updated from the original 8g phone, so it lasted for YEARS.) My teen tells me that it's not cool to clip my phone on my pants anyway. :glare:

I just got a new white 4s. :001_wub: It's my Christmas present!

Anyways... I got this case. Comes in several colors. $3!!! It fits perfectly and is a kind of gel silicone that isn't too sticky for pockets but will protect from some wear and tear. I also got this one. Just for it's cuteness! Same deal with the first one, silicone bumpers, but the back seems to be more of a hard plastic. That's okay with me though. I got two because they were so cheap and I wasn't sure if they would fit right. Shipped from Hong Kong or somesuch, but got here right away and they are a perfect fit. I also got a bundle deal with one of them for some screen protectors that came in at 3 for a whopping $1.29. Gotta love Amazon.

There is no way I wanted an Otterbox...too bulky for me, but then I am not terribly hard on my phone. I also didn't want to spend $20 on a piece of silicone, so these on Amazon are great. Just read the reviews and you will find out if they fit right.

I got an Otterbox Defender for mine. It is bulky and cost about $30, but I am clumsy and was nervous about getting a nice phone.

That said, for my old ipod touch I had a very cheap TPU case from Amazon and it has been great. The touch usually stayed at home though.

Dh got an otterbox. It does make it big and boxy, but after he dropped his ipad....I feel a lot better about having something fully encased and protected.

I got an otterbox this time around for my 4s. I dropped my last iphone and the screen cracked. Cost quite a bit to fix. An otterbox is worth the money for me!

Margaret

I have the pink and gray Otterbox Defender. I love it! Yes, there are smaller, cuter cases but when my DH accidentally spilled soda all over my phone, it was fully protected. I also notoriously have my phone in my lap when I am driving and am always forgetting it's there until I hear it crash to the pavement as I get out of the car. Eeek. Yes, I LOVE my Otterbox! I also like that it makes my phone bigger and I don't feel as if I am going to drop it at any minute. ;)

Now, having said that, I don't have any iPhone accessories yet. I really would like some kind of speaker system for mine, and I'm not sure if my phone with the case will fit on some of the iPhone stereo system docks. I have a feeling dh is getting me one for Christmas...so I MAY have to eventually go with a different otterbox case. I also like the Speck cases. My gf has one and it's nice....but her phone is not NEARLY as protected as mine. :D

Thanks so much for all of your help. I ended up getting the Otterbox cover. I love it.....as much as you can love an item you've only had for a few hours. :tongue_smilie:

BTW, I got it at a local store and it was about $10 cheaper on Amazon. I felt like i needed it right away though. I felt like I was walking around with a piece of heirloom china.

I've had the OtterBox Defender and use Otterboxes for all of our iPod Touches. However, I've found I prefer the Griffin Survivor. It is bulkier than the Otterbox, but the ports seal better. We're at the pool a lot, and I have dropped my phone on the ground without realizing it, for it to get rained on. So, for me the port sealing was important. The Otterbox port covers had a tendency to pop out and were difficult to get in to begin with. Oh, and the Otterbox doesn't seal the camera either.

On the Griffen its annoying to have to old the port seal out of the way to take a picture, but I'd rather have to do that than have a ruined phone. I also love not having to worry about any of my kids using it. I love, love, love it!