Menu

Exercise thread 11/27-12/3

I did a 15 minute cardio warmup, and it's an upper body day so I did incline/decline bench press, a couple warmup rounds, then 8/6/4RM (I'm rehabbing a rotator cuff, so naturally I'm going to spend as much time, with as much weight, as I can on the bench(es) :lol: ); dumbbell curls, triceps, angled rows, overhead press; cable shoulder and traps work. And I did abs.

Tomorrow starts full return to daily workout (I've only been lifting for the past few days) so I'll be doing an additional 30 minutes of cardio after dead lifts & abs.

(My whole body hurts. I am blaming it on my 18yo workout buddy)

Sunday: Nuttin'

Monday: Bob Harper's Cardio Rev.

I gained back all the weight I lost over the summer in the past week, so I'm determined to burn it back off! I lost most of it doing the two-week induction phase of Atkins, so I'm going to try my hand at that again starting today. I have a church Christmas party on Saturday that I'll hopefully be able to control myself for, but otherwise there shouldn't be any huge high-calorie temptations in my face for the next two weeks.

Here's hoping, anyway. :tongue_smilie:

I started today - after too long of a break. For 20 minutes I alternated between brisk walk and slow jog, as well as stepping up and down the curb for 10 counts on each foot. At my weight and current state of health, that was all I could muster this morning. I may go out on my bike with the kids this afternoon if I have time.

How do you like Pure Cardio? That was one of my favorite workouts!

I did Ab Ripper X (it's getting SO much easier!!!) and Strength from Asylum.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!:grouphug:

I haven't done AB Ripper X since the summer - I had forgotten how much I liked it. Maybe one day this week I will go back to it.

Today: Monday: JM Ripped in 30 Days (Day Two) -- which means that I totally expect to be ripped in 28 days!;)

Edited by MariannNOVA

46 minutes Boxercising on ExerBeat,,,,tomorrow I will (again) try Gold's Gym Dance Workout and see if I am able to keep up with it now. I am down a couple more pounds despite a bit of stuffing,taters and gravy on Thanksgiving. Could it be my big workouts every day except turkey day helped??? :001_smile:

What is Asylum like? Can you compare it to Insanity? Is it "jumpy"?

It's been a while since I did Insanity. But, Asylum is a lot like Insanity, but more strength added in. It's a LOT of cardio, and yes. Lots of jumping. I find it much, much more intense. But, I feel SO good afterward, in a way that Insanity didn't do for me. I still love Insanity, but I feel stronger after Asylum.

There aren't as many breaks in Asylum. Not as much time for recovery. I know Youtube has a bunch of videos with samples of Asylum - when it first came out people were doing it and videotaping themselves to show people what it was like.

I went for a quick jog this AM. I was going to do either Game Day + Overtime (Asylum) or Strength (Asylum) but I hurt my elbow. Not ready to do pushups on it.

I hope your elbow is better soon.

After 11 months of no exercise, I walked around our neighborhood early this morning hoping to stave off additional holiday pounds before I make the usual January comittment to better health. :D

You have to start somewhere! Way to go! Keep posting!

I just finished Vertical Plyo from Asylum (the one I find the hardest). I'll do Relief later.

Today was Ripped in 30, levels 4 & 1. Level four is kil-ler! I had originally planned to follow it up with level 2, but I decided to do Level 1 and use heavier weights instead. My quads were killing me after level 4, and I knew they wouldn't make it through level 2. :lol:

Edited by Xuzi

How do you like Pure Cardio? That was one of my favorite workouts!

I like it just fine, lol. I'm hanging in there, getting back into a groove after taking last week totally off (unscheduled) from Insanity (between weeks 3 & 4) in order to recover from near Insanity-burn out and taper for my 10k race on Thanksgiving.

I can't say I love any of the Insanity workouts. It's not that I dislike them, I just resent that they are not running. It just irritates me to put the time and sweat in to exercising without getting that meditative peace that I get during and post-run.

That said, Insanity is definitely doing great things for my running and my body. I am stronger, faster, etc. I had some lingering pain (deep right ass cheek, lol) that had been bothering me for about 5 months (despite PT and a long cross-training/rest over the summer) that has just now resolved by 98% since I began Insanity. It's AWESOME. The rest of my legs, etc are also doing great, despite continued substantial running miles. So, I am really happy with the impact Insanity is having on my running! I won't do DVDs over and over all the time, but I am going to try to get through this 9 week schedule (with probably one or two more "off" weeks for a half marathon in early January . . .) before setting it aside for a while.

I hate to tell you what came to my mind for that! But, then I was thinking that both of those parts of my body could use some work :lol:

Tracy Anderson. Yes, those two body parts are where I need lifting. ;)

Tracey Mallett: Booty Barre Beginners and Beyond - liked this one a lot, cheerful, bubbly personality if you're into that sort of thing, but not in an annoying Denise Austin-type way. Effective workout.

Hey now! Denise Austen is one of my favorites. She's my standby when I'm just not in the mood to do anything. Don't pick on Austen.

I did a 45 min Crunch workout with Ellen Barrett. She's another instructor I like. :)

You're supposed to do the Tracy Anderson DVD series non-stop without doing other workouts, but I get too bored. I have to mix it up.

Speaking of cold, it's 54 F here right now and my boys are outside dressed like it's the Arctic.

Hey now! Denise Austen is one of my favorites. She's my standby when I'm just not in the mood to do anything. Don't pick on Austen.

:D I love Denise Austin also, but was just trying to warn others, since most that I know get annoyed by her. I have lots of her stuff and she's also one of my favorites - makes me smile and laugh. You might like Tracey Mallett. :)

:D I love Denise Austin also, but was just trying to warn others, since most that I know get annoyed by her. I have lots of her stuff and she's also one of my favorites - makes me smile and laugh. You might like Tracey Mallett. :)

We seem to have the same taste in exercise. :001_smile: I also like Ellen Barrett.

I love Austen telling me, "You're worth it. Give yourself a pat on the back." Always gives me a smile.