Menu

Oh, my... THE talk

I just came in from getting wood and hear the 10y.o. saying to her brothers (over cereal, in front of the fire) "... And then one of Dad's sperms joined up with one of Mom's eggs, and it started dividing crazy fast. A cord formed connected to Mom so it could be fed while growing inside..."

:svengo: :lol:

At least she's biologically accurate, right?

My son was telling my daughter something similar and she was making a "gross" face back, so he said, "Don't worry! You only have to do it once." :001_huh: That's when I realized that we hadn't communicated as much information on the subject as I thought we had.

Elaine

LOL

My two boys were talking a couple of weeks ago. The older boy said that mom and dad had sex. He knows for sure because we have 2 kids. He figures we had sex 2 times since we have two kids. The younger one wondered if we had sex more than 2 times. The older one said he didn't think so, why would we.

:lol:

My younger ds asked once--he was maybe 11--why people have sex if they don't want to have babies. I hesitated...long pause, then answered, "Because it's fun?" The look he gave me was priceless! And he says now, that, no, I didn't scar him for life.

Oh my word, this thread is cracking me up. I don't know how it's possible but my kids know all the stuff about baby making (including moms have eggs and dads have sperm) but somehow have never asked the million dollar question about how the sperm gets to the egg. I will answer if they ask but they haven't. I have expected it about half a dozen times, seen it coming like a freight train but then nothing. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if we just haven't read enough books on the subject, but I find it slightly amusing that they know as much as they do without knowing that one tiny detail that will make them go :001_huh:. I am one of the few who think that the earlier they learn this stuff, the more natural it is to teach them. DH says that may be true, but he still isn't ready. :lol:

LOL

My two boys were talking a couple of weeks ago. The older boy said that mom and dad had sex. He knows for sure because we have 2 kids. He figures we had sex 2 times since we have two kids. The younger one wondered if we had sex more than 2 times. The older one said he didn't think so, why would we.

That is adorable. :lol: You need to write this down and tell him about it later (when he has kids), he will love it. :lol:

These are all so funny. :lol:

This one:

LOL

Priceless. :smilielol5:

LOL

This is great. :lol:

My ds10 said the other day, "Mom, I think one time I came to your door when you and dad were doing s*x." (Gotta love that phrase, doing s*x.) Of course I'm thinking, "what did he hear???"

"Why do you think so?" (gulp)

"Because I had a bad dream and the door was locked, and when I knocked you said, 'just pray to God and go back to bed!'"

Yup, son, you're probably right. :blush:

My ds10 said the other day, "Mom, I think one time I came to your door when you and dad were doing s*x." (Gotta love that phrase, doing s*x.) Of course I'm thinking, "what did he hear???"

"Because I had a bad dream and the door was locked, and when I knocked you said, 'just pray to God and go back to bed!'"

LOL

When I got pregnant with little dd, I was prepared to answer questions from big dd. Instead I got a concerned ds5 telling me that he couldn't figure out how the baby would get out of me. I was evasive b/c he wasnt the one I had planned to have this conversation with. Finally he leaned into me and said, "Where does it come out? I'm a big boy, Mom. You can tell me. (whispers seriously) Is it (points to his nostril)??" :lol:

My daughter, when presented with the nitty gritty of the facts looked up at me and said "I'm just adopting".

After all, dh and I adopted all 3 of our kids so it should work for her too.

My daughter said the same thing. She said there is no way any man is getting anywhere near her *ahem* areas. And Definitely NO way she is ever pushing out a baby.

When I got pregnant with little dd, I was prepared to answer questions from big dd. Instead I got a concerned ds5 telling me that he couldn't figure out how the baby would get out of me. I was evasive b/c he wasnt the one I had planned to have this conversation with. Finally he leaned into me and said, "Where does it come out? I'm a big boy, Mom. You can tell me. (whispers seriously) Is it (points to his nostril)??" :lol:

That is HILARIOUS!

My daughter, when presented with the nitty gritty of the facts looked up at me and said "I'm just adopting".

After all, dh and I adopted all 3 of our kids so it should work for her too.

:lol: My oldest dd said the exact same thing.

We live on a farm. The kids always saw the chickens getting busy. There are cows down the road that we have observed in the act. Every stinking time we go to the zoo some animal is having that sort of fun. I've always said they were just making babies. When I finally havd an in-depth talk with dd, she was just horrified, disgusted, and baffled.

I told my dh about the talk later. He was laughing at me. I told him he would have to discuss all that with ds. Ya know what he said to me> "My part is easy. I just have to tell him where to stick it." Yep. Divorce and bodily harm crossed my mind right then.

*snort*

I'm going to remember that line. "just pray to God an go back to bed."

:smilielol5: