Menu

Now for something really important: did you give your GPS a name?

Daphne. We call my van the Mystery Machine, so the GPS has to be Daphne, or Daffers, more commonly these days. The tom-tom is DH's, I'm very good at finding my way about without one :tongue_smilie:, but when we're all out together we go in the Mystery Machine (his car's too small), and so he transfers it over. We pretend Daphne's his 'other woman' who I deeply resent, so I'm horribly rude to her. I must say, though, she has earned her keep on a couple of occasions.

We don't have one in the car. The handheld Garmins we use for geocaching don't talk to us, so they don't have names.

The navigation on my new smart phone, we call "The Voice." ("Be quiet kids, The Voice is telling mommy how to get there.")

I had no idea so many people give their GPS a name.

I don't use a GPS. I don't need one. I don't get lost. If I need to know where a new place is, I look it up beforehand, so I can picture the map in my head. I always say I have a map in my head.

DH uses a GPS all the time, though, and he has not named his and thinks that's weird. :tongue_smilie: