Menu

Absolutely LIVID

So I bought the boys little disposable cameras to take with us to Atlanta, and thought I'd have them make little trip books when we got home as their art project this week.

Then I get to the aquarium and my battery on my camera dies (again. It ALWAYS does this to me.) so I run to the gift shop and pay 14.99 :svengo: for the same little disposable camera I bought the boys 2/7.99. But whatever, I wanted to get the pictures in there because it was REALLY nice and I wanted to have pictures to remember it with!

So I take all 3 cameras to get them developed last night at CVS - the only place in town that will do it in less than a week. I go ahead and get cds because I figured they'll be pretty cheap anyway, and that way I can put them on the computer with my other pics.

I go pick them up today - THEY. ARE. CRAP. Apparently disposable cameras suck even more than they did in the past - used to be, you could atleast get some ok pictures out of them. ALL of them are dark, blurry, and look horrible. Mine only got 10 pics, DS7's 16 and DS5's 18. Out of 27. So. Totally. P*ssed. :mad:

On top of that, the total for those pics + cds = $36!!! What the heck??!! The cds were 3.49 each. And even for my 10 pics, it was 7.19 or something. I'm SO upset! I want my money back!

So between not having ANY pictures from the aquarium, I'm out $36 for NOTHING.

I'm so mad. Seriously. :glare:

I should have just bought them real cameras. In fact, that's probably what I'll do before we go anywhere again. And myself an extra battery.

I'm so devastated. :(

:grouphug: I am so paranoid about photographs. They are a BIG deal to me. I am so sorry. I lost all our pictures from the state fair because my "smart phone" got stupid and all the pics were lost. We even took it in and everything and the pictures were just gone. I was so upset!

Afa the disposable cameras - ugh. We got one free as part of a package deal and we let the kids use it. Thank God because it was horrible! :glare:

:( I think the problem is that people don't know how to develop the pictures anymore. I took two to be developed last year at two different times to two different stores, and I was told neither had any pictures on it. Um...yea, because I just took the pix this week.

I bought the kids each $80 kodak cameras before our last trip, and they work great. They are only 5MP, but they work fine for what they use the, for.

My camera kept eating through batteries. Then I found out that my memory card was bad, and as soon as I replaced it the batteries didn't die so quickly. Since then, I've also found that the battery lasts longer if I clean off the memory card frequently, even though there's lots of room left on it for more pictures.

How strange. But maybe helpful?

It might be because of the cameras. Disposable cameras come with different film speed, flash/no flash, meant for outdoor use, etc. The lighting in most aquariums is dim with strange back-lighting in the tanks, reflections off the glass, etc. It can be very hard to get decent pictures at an aquarium even with a good digital camera.

It stinks that your pictures didn't come out.

I'm sorry so many of your pictures did not turn out. Here's something I recently discovered at Target. You don't have to order the pictures - you can just order the CD (less than $3). Then, if you got only a few good ones, you can print them from the CD and not be out the money for bad pictures. Hope that helps!

:iagree:

My pictures always come out bad that the GA Aquarium using my digital camera. It may not be the disposable cameras or the developing but just the bad lighting at that place. I usually have to spend a ton of time editing my aquarium pics to make them decent.

Please pretend the agree arrow is pointing down. I'm a dork.