Menu

Mood swing solutions

I know you guys know this. Pretend I'm asking for a friend. Whose dh keeps buying cantaloupe. :lol:

Some kind of tea? Pill?

Friend sometimes tries addressing other sources of stress: messy house & ends up more...um..."irritated" because, say, maybe she finds folded clothes & unused mattress pad protectors in the dirty clothes. Maybe it's better not to do laundry, etc, so she won't find anything worse than what she can see. :confused:

Otoh, there's violence. :D Kick boxing videos. Yeah, that's what I mean. :lol:

I find Judo to be quite therapeutic. There's something about throwing people around to really work out the inner turmoil.

So are you advocating violence in general, or should *ahem* my friend walk down to the local judo place & see if they've got any volunteers for a lady who looks like she's having triplets to try to throw around? A volunteer, who, if unable to be thrown around by pg lady w/ no judo training would then simply stand still while being kicked & then blamed for the pain in the swollen foot? :bigear: :lol:

So are you advocating violence in general, or should *ahem* my friend walk down to the local judo place & see if they've got any volunteers for a lady who looks like she's having triplets to try to throw around? A volunteer, who, if unable to be thrown around by pg lady w/ no judo training would then simply stand still while being kicked & then blamed for the pain in the swollen foot? :bigear: :lol:

Hmm....maybe you should just go with the skipping laundry plan after all.

Chocolate? You know, for medicinal purposes? Get that serotonin flowing and everything . . .

Yeah, but I thought there was some kind of raspberry tea or something, too. Maybe that's for inducing labor? Maybe that's basically the same thing? :lol:

A frequent tune up at the chiropractor's office is most necessary for me, plus dates (the edible ones) to fill the gaps and chocolate to fill the gaps that the dates don't fill.

Rosie

Something simpler than a chiro, Rosie. Or cheaper, at least. Something already in the house, preferably, or at least avail at grocery store/WM. ;)

I find Judo to be quite therapeutic. There's something about throwing people around to really work out the inner turmoil.

I was going to say :iagree:, but then I read:

so now all I can suggest is chocolate. OTOH, I have seen pg ladies at the kickboxing class at my dojo. They take it slow and don't jump around, but they punch the cr@p out of that bag. I don't think sensei will let them come to class after the 2nd trimester though.

For me, I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Soak in a bubble bath. I'm not a big chocolate fan, so that doesn't help. Blast some of my favourite 'MAN ALIVE!!!" music...the songs that you can't help but pick up the beat, shake yer butt, stomp your feet too.

My super secret weapon...A book or movie that will make me sob my eyes out...the whole chest heaving, snotty nose, bawl my face off kind of crying. That seems to really do the trick.

Two of my favourite movies for that...'Always', with Richard Dreyfuss and Holly Hunter, 'My Life As A House' with Kevin Klein.

What NOT to do: cook a batch of sweet potatoes in the microwave in a dish that already has a crack in it & then try to pull hot sweet potato dish out of the over-the-stove mic over, ironically, the stove, where the rest of dinner is sitting, freshly out of the oven. :glare:

I didn't notice the crack tonight, but I remember hearing dh tell the kids not to throw it away. It's definitely trash now. :glare:

For me, I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Soak in a bubble bath. I'm not a big chocolate fan, so that doesn't help. Blast some of my favourite 'MAN ALIVE!!!" music...the songs that you can't help but pick up the beat, shake yer butt, stomp your feet too.

My super secret weapon...A book or movie that will make me sob my eyes out...the whole chest heaving, snotty nose, bawl my face off kind of crying. That seems to really do the trick.

Two of my favourite movies for that...'Always', with Richard Dreyfuss and Holly Hunter, 'My Life As A House' with Kevin Klein.

Loud music makes me cranky. Being wet & naked makes me cranky. Crying makes me MAD. On me or anyone else.

And all of that's when I'm not pg. :lol:

I vote chocolate. And lots of it. And I'll live vicariously through you as you eat it because I was diagnosed with borderline gestational diabetes earlier in this pregnancy. And I'm counting down every day until I can eat some chocolate. I'll be the woman in the hospital room, nursing the baby and eating a big bag of M&M's in a few weeks. Don't think I'm kidding LOL. So yeah, the chocolate gets my vote. :D

I vote chocolate. And lots of it. And I'll live vicariously through you as you eat it because I was diagnosed with borderline gestational diabetes earlier in this pregnancy. And I'm counting down every day until I can eat some chocolate. I'll be the woman in the hospital room, nursing the baby and eating a big bag of M&M's in a few weeks. Don't think I'm kidding LOL. So yeah, the chocolate gets my vote. :D

Chocolate is on the rotation, but I hafta tell ya--it's just not as good this pg as it's supposed to be. Peanut butter on the other hand--:svengo:

I despise peanut butter, so how it's calling my name...I didn't know it even knew my name! :lol: