Menu

Pass the Ibuprofen

I tried kick boxing tonight. I'm 64 pounds overweight and was the heaviest and probably the oldest in the class (though one other lady might be my age). I think I'll go again. If I can move tomorrow. . . :001_huh: The actual kickboxing wasn't so bad, though the teacher's idea of taking a breather was to skip rope between sets:svengo: I actually did ok until they did an abdominal workout in the last 5 minutes. I think that actually killed me. And the stretches! They did this one where you go into a plank position and then stick one leg kind of up and then lie on it - anyway I looked at the instructor and then at the mat and just started laughing. I am so stiff that I need help getting up off the ground if I have to get down for any reason - that stretch wasn't happening! So I figure if I start the Ibuprofen now when I'm only mildly in pain that perhaps I'll be able to function tomorrow. (Do you know what the kicker is? The person who talked me into trying this class, didn't come!:glare:)

Wooo hooo Jean! WTG!!!

Soak in epsom salts. Helps to break down the lactic acid in your muscles, which causes the tightness and soreness. I don't think I would have survived the testing in Karate without it!

And, as my comedian of a Sensei said, the only cure for sore muscles is more working out. :glare: If I could have lifted my arms, I *might* have considered smacking him...fortunately for me, it wasn't an option. He would have handed me my hiney. :lol:

Soak in epsom salts. Helps to break down the lactic acid in your muscles, which causes the tightness and soreness. I don't think I would have survived the testing in Karate without it!

And, as my comedian of a Sensei said, the only cure for sore muscles is more working out. :glare: If I could have lifted my arms, I *might* have considered smacking him...fortunately for me, it wasn't an option. He would have handed me my hiney. :lol:

in red: :iagree:

Did anybody actually kick anybody else (accidentally)? :001_huh: I do excersise DVDs at home and whenever there are boxing elements I keep wondering about this.

No. We kicked and boxed the air. We did box paddles that we held for our partners too ( like this)

For those who want to know - I'm still alive. I'm a bit sore but I'm more exhausted than sore! I'm taking a nap today.

BridgeTea - my instructor was also a comedian who would start the count of reps over if we didn't shout out the count. By the end, I was loudly counting everything whether the others were or not. There was no way I was going to start over again at one! (She was nice though and talked to me at the beginning about doing things at my own pace.)

MariannNOVA - my ds is taking tae kwando and wanted to give me tips when I got home. I said "no thank you, but you could help me up the stairs".