Menu

How to Get Your Kids to Stay in Bed.

I'm about to turn off the computer but I thought I'd share this usefull bit of information.

I had to run out to the dining room for a book. I was in the middle of getting ready for bed so I was in underwear and a T-shirt (no, I couldn't have just finished getting ready, I'm impulsive like that). I heard feet coming down the hall so I yelled, "Stop! Come no further unless you want to see your mother in her underwear!" There was a scream as my daughter ran back to her room. I went on, "Stay in bed or next time I'll be standing out here naked!" My son screamed from his bedroom and asked how I could be so cruel.

They haven't gotten out of bed again.:D

:lol: I will file that one away!

RIght now mine are still in the phase where they never seem to notice that I'm changing or naked. My 7yo is super modest about me seeing him, but that doesn't seem to apply when he walks in on me. He doesn't seem to notice. One day the very thought of seeing my undies will surely mortify him.

:lol: I will file that one away!

RIght now mine are still in the phase where they never seem to notice that I'm changing or naked. My 7yo is super modest about me seeing him, but that doesn't seem to apply when he walks in on me. He doesn't seem to notice. One day the very thought of seeing my undies will surely mortify him.

I wish nudity scared my kids away. They're still in the stage where I can't even pee by myself. Some day, I'm going to take a shower without short people shadows on the other side of the curtain. :tongue_smilie:

Some day, I'm going to take a shower without short people shadows on the other side of the curtain. :tongue_smilie:

Does such a day exist?!? :D

There is no such thing as modesty in our home. My oldest is 8.5 and I do my best to hide myself from him, but he doesn't seem to grasp the concept that it is inapproriate for him to see his mother naked.

Please do not stand here and talk, whine, or ask questions. Wait until I get out.

Yes, it is locked. I want it that way. It is not broken. I am not trapped.

I know I have left it unlocked, and even open at times since you were born, because I was afraid some horrible tragedy might occur while I was in there, but it's been 10 years and I want some PRIVACY.

Do not ask me how long I will be. I will come out when I am done.

Do not bring the phone to the bathroom door.

Do not go running back to the phone yelling: "She's in the BATHROOM!"

Do not begin to fight as soon as I go in.

Do not stick your little fingers under the door and wiggle them. This was only funny when you were two.

Do not slide pennies, Legos, or notes under the door. Even when you were

two, this got a little tiresome.

If you have followed me down the hall talking, and are still talking as you face this closed door, please turn around, walk away and wait for me in another room. I will be glad to listen to you when I am done.

Oh ... And yes, I still love you.

Mom

Please do not stand here and talk, whine, or ask questions. Wait until I get out.

Yes, it is locked. I want it that way. It is not broken. I am not trapped.

I know I have left it unlocked, and even open at times since you were born, because I was afraid some horrible tragedy might occur while I was in there, but it's been 10 years and I want some PRIVACY.

Do not ask me how long I will be. I will come out when I am done.

Do not bring the phone to the bathroom door.

Do not go running back to the phone yelling: "She's in the BATHROOM!"

Do not begin to fight as soon as I go in.

Do not stick your little fingers under the door and wiggle them. This was only funny when you were two.

Do not slide pennies, Legos, or notes under the door. Even when you were

two, this got a little tiresome.

If you have followed me down the hall talking, and are still talking as you face this closed door, please turn around, walk away and wait for me in another room. I will be glad to listen to you when I am done.

Oh ... And yes, I still love you.

Mom

This is cute! I would print it out, but our bathroom doors do not HAVE locks. This is an old house, with old doors, and they have no locks on them. They do, however, have little keyhole things. And because one time I caught my daughter kneeling on the floor in the hallway trying to peek in the keyhole thing when someone was in the bathroom, I now shut the bathroom door and then open the closet door that is just inside the bathroom so that the closet door blocks the bathroom door and if someone were to peek in the keyhole, they'd only see a door haha.

We just had to teach "don't open a closed door without knocking" around here.

It did take quite some time to get used to a bathroom door that doesn't lock, I felt horribly exposed for a while there each time I went into the bathroom!

I suppose we could have changed the doors or knobs or something but we just never did.

This is cute! I would print it out, but our bathroom doors do not HAVE locks. This is an old house, with old doors, and they have no locks on them.

I don't know if our bathroom has a door that can lock.

I do know we have only ONE bathroom. I couldn't bother locking it because then someone would need it and I'll just have to get up to let them in.

Happily it usually doesn't bother me. ... Okay a few weeks ago every member was in the bathroom 'visiting' for about 10 minutes. After the first minute they weren't visiting with me - no they were 'visiting' with each other. :glare: