Menu

DH and I are so boring!

Our 16th anniversary is next month. We can't think of anything to do. We would love to have a weekend alone, but there isn't any place we are interested in going. This year, I don't want to go back to the same restaurant where we ate the night we got married and go back to each year. At least I've chosen another restaurant.

If you had the opportunity to have a weekend alone with your DH, where would you go? :bigear:

Well, we're pretty boring too. Our 16th anniversary was in March and we didn't do anything. Of course I gave birth to Han Solo 3 weeks later, so I wasn't really in the mood to do anything other than lay on the sofa an moan. :D

Of course James Bond has been gone for (IIRC) 11 of our anniversaries, so we generally don't do much to celebrate anyway. Twice (when we lived in the States) we went to Disney World, which is where we honeymooned (this was pre-Indy of course). For our 20th (OMG, only 4.5 years away!) we are thinking of doing a cruise without the boys (they will stay with my mom).

I hope you have a lovely day, even if you are boring. ;) Congrats on 16 years.

We've spent weekends at lodges at State Parks. We hike around in the woods, eat dinner in their restaurant, and relax in the room. Our anniversary is in January, but if we went in warmer weather, we might row a boat out on a lake, dh would probably fish while I read a book. I've always enjoyed that peaceful time. One place had an indoor pool. That was nice, too.

If you had the opportunity to have a weekend alone with your DH, where would you go? :bigear:

Some place quiet, with nothing to do except sleep in, make breakfast, take a walk, spend the afternoon giving each other back rubs, ;) then have dinner and maybe another stroll, then go to bed. That sounds so nice to me for some reason. :D

Near the ocean

In the mountains/woods

Out on the prairie

Basically, anywhere except the desert or tropics, as my husband does not like either setting. Have a great time, and congratulations!

Our 16th anniversary is next month. We can't think of anything to do. We would love to have a weekend alone, but there isn't any place we are interested in going. This year, I don't want to go back to the same restaurant where we ate the night we got married and go back to each year. At least I've chosen another restaurant.

I would LOVE to have a weekend anywhere alone but we don't have anyone to keep dd! Is there possibly any shows at the Fox Theatre, Phillips Arena, or the Gwinnett Arena that you and your husband would like to see? Are you into any sports? Braves, Falcons, etc... What about Helen or Pigeon Forge? The leaves will be beautiful by then. Good luck!

I would LOVE to have a weekend anywhere alone but we don't have anyone to keep dd! Is there possibly any shows at the Fox Theatre, Phillips Arena, or the Gwinnett Arena that you and your husband would like to see? Are you into any sports? Braves, Falcons, etc... What about Helen or Pigeon Forge? The leaves will be beautiful by then. Good luck!

DH suggested we do something in Atlanta and stay at a nice hotel. I should look at events around the time. Something symphony related would actually be quite nice, especially if we didn't have to drive all the way back home the same night.

We are also looking at the Biltmore. I forgot about Helen, I'll look into that as well.

Our children are teens so it makes more sense for us to leave the house instead of the other way around. Although an empty house does sound nice. We have a hot tub in the backyard with nothing but trees in sight. It's lovely, but never romantic because, well, we're in view from the house.

To the parents of small children, I do understand! BTDT. But you know what? The years have flown by so much faster than I thought they would! I actually miss those days now. So hang in there. :)

You can start a boring couples club and invite me and DH to join :D our anniversary is tomorrow and we've made no plans. I have no idea what we'll do. We've been dealing with the fact that a tree fell through our roof last week and this anniversary just snuck up on us.

Today we did drive up to Baltimore and visited to the aquarium and the Hard Rock Cafe. That counts. Right? Even though the kids were with us?

This year, we were (are) broke, so we decided to stay in our own home. We sent all the kids to my parents' (not overnighty kind of parents--this was a first) and had the house to ourselves. It was wonderful! We never have the house to ourselves. We found it totally delightful. :001_smile:

so.......................... what did you do?;):lol::lol::lol:

DH suggested we do something in Atlanta and stay at a nice hotel. I should look at events around the time. Something symphony related would actually be quite nice, especially if we didn't have to drive all the way back home the same night.

We are also looking at the Biltmore. I forgot about Helen, I'll look into that as well.

Our children are teens so it makes more sense for us to leave the house instead of the other way around. Although an empty house does sound nice. We have a hot tub in the backyard with nothing but trees in sight. It's lovely, but never romantic because, well, we're in view from the house.

To the parents of small children, I do understand! BTDT. But you know what? The years have flown by so much faster than I thought they would! I actually miss those days now. So hang in there. :)

Il vote for the Biltmore!!!

One of our favorite dates was taking a 5 hour stained glass class together one day. We could only get someone to watch the kids during that time frame, so we did a candlelight dinner on fine china with sparkling grape juice with them and then put them to bed early. A sparkling clean bedroom (which I did the day before), music, and candles made for a romantic date night at home.

Edited by BetterthanIdeserve
major spelling error