Menu

Best garage sale EVER...(KNITTERS!)

I forgot to post about this. Last Friday a garage sale ad in the newspaper caught my eye. The phrase "quilt/yarn store inventory" made me think that it was at least worth checking out. Wow. There were 3 LONG tables of fabric and other sewing items and 1 long table full of yarn. Really nice yarn, for the most part. At first, I was bummed because the prices on the tags didn't seem like much of a deal. Then...I saw the sign on the wall. It said "yarn - $1 a skein"...:hurray:

I grabbed 28 skeins and a book. I also texted my knitting friends. When I got home I posted a pic of my haul, and so did they...which made me realize that I missed some really nice stuff, so dd & I hopped on our bikes and went back for more.

On our knitting group's fb page, people have posted stuff like: "You are like our magical Fairy Goddess Yarn Mother Today!", "I think I got my yarn needs quenched from that garage sale that will now become a mythical legend among knitters." and "I will think about that garage sale for the rest of my life. $1.00 a skein."

It. Was. Amazing.

post-12282-13535085486858_thumb.jpg

post-12282-13535085486858_thumb.jpg