Menu

This may sound silly

nowimscrappin

On one of the shelves in our school room, I have a row of four three-drawer plastic organizers. The drawers are shallow and wide. Each is labeled with "scissors," "markers," etc. When they need to use the crayons or markers or colored pencils, they just take the entire drawer out. I clean the drawers out frequently to keep everything new and nice. Because the drawers are shallow, there is no digging needed.

The kids each have a pencil box in their desks for colored pencils. It is the ten basic colors. I keep a box of the twistable colored pencils that is 20-24 that they can use, but must return. We keep a box of 120 crayons around and give them to the library for crafts when the box starts getting too beat up to hold together. I get 2-3 boxes when they are on sale. We also have an old diaper box for Sharpies, a larger pencil box for kids markers, and two 2lb peanut jars full of pans and pencils (both regular and colored).

ETA: I still find them all over the house.

Where do you all find the cute little pails? I have a lazy susan (with railings around it...if that's what you'd call it)...it's not really being used for anything right now. I love the idea of putting the little pails on there. Is there a place on-line with reasonable prices??

They pretty much always have them in the $1 section at Target. I've gotten mine 2 or 3 at a time, and have 9 different colors. They frequently have them with designs or characters as well.

They pretty much always have them in the $1 section at Target. I've gotten mine 2 or 3 at a time, and have 9 different colors. They frequently have them with designs or characters as well.

Yup, I got mine at Target in the $1 spot. My DS specifically requested the Cars buckets when we were shopping for them, but they have all different ones at different times. I think they have Phineas & Ferb at the moment and maybe some plainer summery colored ones.

Oh my goodness. Thank you for sharing this. I didn't want to admit it earlier, but I also individually label my kids' crayons and colored pencils. Instead of using colored tape, I just put the kids' names on each crayon and colored pencil. That made a *huge* difference in our house. Before when we had communal colors, I'd find crayons everywhere - sofa cushions, under the desk, wedged between books, in the cupboards, etc. Now the kids put their crayons away in their own boxes, and if one is out of place, we know immediately who was the irresponsible one. Back when we did markers I even labeled both caps and markers.

THIS is what I need to do! I was so happy with myself and our plan for the year. Each child would have a small box with their own crayons, pencils, markers, scissors and one glue stick. If anything requires more than that, we'll move to the basement craft area where everything else is stored. EXCEPT there are already crayons everywhere! So much for them neatly putting them back in the box.

The kids each have a pencil box in their desk with one set of colored pencils (or crayons), a glue stick, a pair of scissors, and some regular writing pencils.

We do this as well...The extras are in unopened boxes in a basket with my stuff...I have a pencil holder with some colored pencils out, but the rest is either in their desk or unopened with my supplies...

Being Rural, and near diary farming, horses, etc, we have problems with mice, so have to keep everything sealed for sanitary reasons,(theres a mouse sitting outside staring at me right now lol).

I just use the clear plastic pencil jars, for each different kind of marker, pencil etc, these are then laid sideways into a tub marked with "Kids supplies" and put in my teachers closet.

My whiteboard markers etc are in a ziplock bag at chest level in an open tub.

I owuld love ot have everything organised for easier use, but unfortunately then the mice become interested in the cupboard. Suffice to say that cupbaord is entirely filled with labelled tubs. Cardboard is banned, except for the archive boxes I have on the very top shelf.