Menu

Brain Pop Jr.

BatmansWife

Oh, got it! Hmmmm. I wonder if there is a great difference in the number of videos? Is there a way to find out? For example, are the Horrible Histories on the standard version?

Yes, I believe DE Plus have the Planet Earth series and regular DE does not. They are both very good products. If I am not mistaken Elementary Spanish is on both products. If you check out Homeschool Buyer's Co-op they have more info on the difference.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I believe DE Plus have the Planet Earth series and regular DE does not. They are both very good products. If I am not mistaken Elementary Spanish is on both products. If you check out Homeschool Buyer's Co-op they have more info on the difference.

Thanks for the guidance. I found this page which has pdf documents of the list of shows for each (basic and plus). These lists are actually really helpful - I could see reviewing them periodically to get ideas for new things to check out (vs just doing a random search and trying to find stuff). They are 76 and 146 pages, so too much to really print out, but good for looking and doing searches with.

http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/unitedstreaming-faqs/

Upon doing a quick search Horrible Histories is only available on Plus, however I currently have a one month free trial, so I might have the kids watch those all and do the cheap deal that includes BrainPop since it's so much more affordable, and I'm not sure we'd really get our money's worth for the Homeschool Buyer's price.

Checking on Planet Earth.

I am pretty sure I can not "assign" videos on my version from G3. Only negative I have found so far.

Darn, I was hoping to be able to have an "instant queue" for the first grader. It is still worth it though, I will just have to keep a list somewhere of what to watch next.

Darn, I was hoping to be able to have an "instant queue" for the first grader. It is still worth it though, I will just have to keep a list somewhere of what to watch next.

There is a "my favorites" and you can set up folders, but I don't think they can have assignments and mark them as complete.

Checking on Planet Earth.

I am pretty sure I can not "assign" videos on my version from G3. Only negative I have found so far.

Do you have a search function on DE? I put in Planet Earth in the search box and they came up when I subscribed via Homeschool Buyer's Co-op.

I am not sure what the assign feature is since we never used it.

Thanks for the guidance. I found this page which has pdf documents of the list of shows for each (basic and plus). These lists are actually really helpful - I could see reviewing them periodically to get ideas for new things to check out (vs just doing a random search and trying to find stuff). They are 76 and 146 pages, so too much to really print out, but good for looking and doing searches with.

http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/unitedstreaming-faqs/

Upon doing a quick search Horrible Histories is only available on Plus, however I currently have a one month free trial, so I might have the kids watch those all and do the cheap deal that includes BrainPop since it's so much more affordable, and I'm not sure we'd really get our money's worth for the Homeschool Buyer's price.

This is a great list to have. Thank you! I'm excited that they have the Animated Hero Classics; dd's been wanting to watch those. And, Magic School Bus. We don't have cable or anything so many of these will be a great treat.

I can't believe it....but I haven't ordered yet!! I'm waiting to hear back from our school to see if they'll purchase it for us (I still have an allotment left). If they don't then I'll for sure buy it myself.

We get Brainpop through the school board we are registered with (in Canada), but I sure would love to get the Discovery Streaming. I'll be listening in to see how it works for the Canadians in this thread, so please pipe up once you get it.

Thanks in advance!

I just purchased this through G3 (thank you for sharing!!) and am confused about DE. I realize it is just the virtual streaming, but I can't find Magic School Bus videos that were mentioned. Are we limited to the Student Center?

Edited by KsJET

All I can say is THANK YOU for the information regarding G3 and BrainPop. DS has BrainPop on his iTouch and loves it, but we have never been able to afford the full BrainPop. Right now, I have one excited child sitting at his computer watching Moby and his friends.

DS is gifted and I truly appreciate learning about G3, too. The Hive is just a wealth of information.

What she said.....and I am thrilled to save some money, but I am going to stop reading these threads because I find out about great things that are costing me money lol.

Guest submarines
Thank you!! Is it possible to watch the videos full size with decent quality? All the videos I have previewed so far are very pixelated when enlarged.

If you select the option of watching them in a separate player, you can keep increasing the screen size, until the quality deteriorates. The ones I just watched were crisp in about half of my laptop screen. Still, not the full screen, but better than the tiny screen.

I just Emailed G3 because when enrolled and was mailed the log in info for BrainPop and BrainpopJr, I discovered that the subscription to Brainpop Jr had expired. I am waiting for her to email me back, but I am concerned since I would use both equally given the kids ages.

I hope it is a minor glitch. But I will let you guys know, and please let me know if you signed up and have the ability to use Brainpop Jr.

I just Emailed G3 because when enrolled and was mailed the log in info for BrainPop and BrainpopJr, I discovered that the subscription to Brainpop Jr had expired. I am waiting for her to email me back, but I am concerned since I would use both equally given the kids ages.

I hope it is a minor glitch. But I will let you guys know, and please let me know if you signed up and have the ability to use Brainpop Jr.

I did this past year. Still have to renew for this year.

ETA again' date=' I did find some of the "missing" videos by going through Satori's blog of favorites (THANK YOU!!). Still can't print the worksheets and such though :([/quote']

Oh this is disappointing. I am planning on using Elementary Spanish this year and thought signing up through G3 would be great and give us brainpop also, and for a better deal! But if we can't get the worksheets, guess we'll be going through HSBC for Discovery Streaming with no brainpop!

Guest submarines

We enrolled several days ago, and both Brainpop and Brainpop Jr are working. I hope it works out for you. We'd be using both equally as well, so I was so happy to find this option. Otherwise I didn't know which child to 'sacrifice', as I could afford (and barely) only one of them.

Both Brainpop and Jr are working now, so I am not sure whether I entered something wrong, or if I was already logged into Brainpop and it wasn't recognizing me. Of course we could have overwhelmed it as well. :D But really excited to have the subscriptions and can't wait to get DS as well.

I just purchased this through G3 (thank you for sharing!!) and am confused about DE. I realize it is just the virtual streaming, but I can't find Magic School Bus videos that were mentioned. Are we limited to the Student Center?

That was me that mentioned Magic School Bus. I was only going off of the list that Tammy had posted....here. It shows a bunch of MSB videos. But...I guess I am still unclear if this subscription really does included the Basic version or something different. I haven't gotten it yet to investigate what is or isn't on it. Did you find them on your DE yet?

Guest submarines
That was me that mentioned Magic School Bus. I was only going off of the list that Tammy had posted....here. It shows a bunch of MSB videos. But...I guess I am still unclear if this subscription really does included the Basic version or something different. I haven't gotten it yet to investigate what is or isn't on it. Did you find them on your DE yet?

MSB is all there, I found it via Satori's blog (Thank you!). I can't say whether it is the Basic Version, but it is definitely not the PLUS version.

Has everyone who signed up gotten their access to the Discovery Education already? When I signed up, I got the username/password for BrainPop but a note that DE would have to create a separate one for me and send it separately. I haven't gotten that yet. It's been 24 hours. Just wondered if anyone else had the same situation.

Has everyone who signed up gotten their access to the Discovery Education already? When I signed up, I got the username/password for BrainPop but a note that DE would have to create a separate one for me and send it separately. I haven't gotten that yet. It's been 24 hours. Just wondered if anyone else had the same situation.

I didn't get a notification, but I logged in using my email address and the BrainPOP pasword and that worked. I signed up last night and was able to log in this morning.

I was able to find them through Satori's blog (thanks again!!). I was also able to view Planet Earth videos which are supposedly only available with DE Plus.

Is it just me, or is the DE thing hard to navigate and find specific movies/series? I've been going through Satori's blog too...but that's kind of awkward. I guess I thought the search function would be more helpful, but if I put in Magic School Bus it doesn't pull anything up. :confused:

Guest submarines
Is it just me, or is the DE thing hard to navigate and find specific movies/series? I've been going through Satori's blog too...but that's kind of awkward. I guess I thought the search function would be more helpful, but if I put in Magic School Bus it doesn't pull anything up. :confused:

Their search is awkward...sigh...I saved Satori's blog on my task bar, and just navigate through it.

I was pleased when I entered 'Nova' into search, and got all of their specials. Entering 'Scholastic' doesn't bring MSB, though.

I did notice that I could not find Horrible History with the search function despite varying the terms. I could pull it up with Satori's web page. The search function was definitely better with Homeschool Buyer's Co-op. I wonder if student accounts are more difficult to navigate?

Peahaps we should all contribute suggestions to Satori's DE list as we find them to make it easier to find things:)