Menu

For those who use MUS

genny

You mean you are not supposed to throw them into a clear box and just dig around it trying to find the particular block that you need? :tongue_smilie:

That's our method too. We have two full sets in there, too. The kids don't seem to mind deep-sea diving for the pink ones (or whatever) and it's easy to just scoop them all in when we're done and pop the lid on. And sometimes easy is a really good thing around here.

I need ideas for storing the blocks!!! They are all over the place thanks to my munchkins and it's driving me nuts ... I would like some organizing system that separates the hundreds, tens and units. Any suggestions?:bigear:

I went to the fishing tackle section of stuff-mart and found a box with moveable dividers that would hold all of the units and tens. I keep the hundreds and extras in a rubbermade bin I already had & just set the other box right inside that box. I love the tackle box in one of the pictures here, looked for something like that but couldn't find it in our relatively small town. But the box with dividers has worked well here. Hope you find something! Sometimes the craft section has options too (look where they have beads on sale, etc...)

Merry :-)

• 2 weeks later...
I got the hobby box at The Container Store, here is an updated link for you:

Small Hobby Case

Here's another blog post I did later with the Complete MUS block set:

http://satorismiles.com/2009/08/21/math-u-see-mus-blocks-container-new-with-completer-set/

We got our case today! I went to your blog to see your pics and my kiddos had so much fun organizing the colors. I'm amazed at how perfectly the dividers separated the different blocks. Thank you! :)