Menu

The Help, Beekeeper's Apprentice, or Water for Elephants?

I really, really loved The Help. It was just such a great book.

Water for Elephants was GREAT, but full of crap that I really felt just didn't need to be in there to have a wonderful story. WfE was definitely a touching, romantic, perfect-for-summer read. The Help was great, but a quicker, more emotional read. Loved them both! Can't WAIT for The Help to open this weekend!

The Help was good and I enjoyed looking at the perspective of the maids but being from the west, it was almost like reading something from another country. I love Beekeeper's Apprentice and am a huge fan of the Mary Russell/ Sherlock Holmes series. I haven't read Water for Elephants, I think I am a bit afraid of the adult content.:tongue_smilie:

LOVED The Help. Have read it twice and going to see it with my best friend on Friday. Didn't love Water for Elephants, although I did really like the movie. Haven't read the other book.

:iagree:

I really, really loved The Help. It was just such a great book.

Water for Elephants was GREAT, but full of crap that I really felt just didn't need to be in there to have a wonderful story. WfE was definitely a touching, romantic, perfect-for-summer read. The Help was great, but a quicker, more emotional read. Loved them both! Can't WAIT for The Help to open this weekend!

Don't really like Water for Elephants. The story was okay. I enjoyed the circus information and the old man sections. The writer made some new writer mistakes and it showed (to me).

The Beekeeper's Apprentice was a nice, light read.

I haven't read The Help but I'm looking forward to it. That would be my choice of the three.