Menu

"Re-post this" on Facebook

:lol:

I posted this once...I hope it didn't annoy anyone...:001_smile:

A real woman always keeps her house clean and organized, the laundry basket is always empty. She's always well dressed, hair done. She never swears, behaves gracefully in all situations and all circumstances. She has more than enough patience to take care of her family, always has a smile on her lips, and a kind word for everyone. Post this as your status if you, too, have just realized that you might be a man. :)

:lol::lol:

I think the only ones that really bother me are the political ones bashing a political party and blaming them for all the problems in this country, because we ALL know that things would be absolutely PERFECT if whatever other party were in office! :nopity: (this goes for both sides!)

I LOVE the ones that say "80% of people won't re-post this." Oh really? You've done research? Does that mean if you don't re-post you're a coward and if you do you're brave? Please. Maybe 80% (probably 99.9% in actuality) don't re-post because they have better things to do, or causes to fight for in a meaningful way.

I'm not on Facebook anymore but ......

this is the sort of thing that would make me want to post that 65 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. :D

I ignore the ones that imply that I'm heartless or a coward if I don't re-post.

However there WAS a very funny one that I came across that I inboxed a friend. It wasn't appropriate for the youngsters that I have as friends. It was something about, "I don't usually repost these kinds of things, BUT if someone comes to your door and asks you to dance naked in your front yard, DO NOT DO IT! It is a SCAM!! The person just wants to see you naked. I wish someone would have told me sooner. Now I'm sunburned." Oh my, that one had me rofl:lol::lol:. Anyone else seen it?

:tongue_smilie:

That is great!!

I ignore the ones that imply that I'm heartless or a coward if I don't re-post.

However there WAS a very funny one that I came across that I inboxed a friend. It wasn't appropriate for the youngsters that I have as friends. It was something about, "I don't usually repost these kinds of things, BUT if someone comes to your door and asks you to dance naked in your front yard, DO NOT DO IT! It is a SCAM!! The person just wants to see you naked. I wish someone would have told me sooner. Now I'm sunburned." Oh my, that one had me rofl:lol::lol:. Anyone else seen it?

:lol:I just received and reposted this one! I love the funny ones. I normally ignore the others.

Anyone willing to share the dragon story. I have never seen that one and it sounds interesting. :D

Not positive, but I think it's something like this:

Please put this on your status if you know someone (or are related to someone) who has been eaten by a dragon. My wish for 2010 is that people will understand that being eaten by dragons is not something to be ashamed of. Dragons are nearly unstoppable and are truly terrifying and when people go against them unprepared... there is almost no hope. 93% won't copy and paste this as they have been eaten by dragons.

If I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me. Oh, and the hearts. ♥♥ For Pete's sake, don't forget the hearts. ♥♥

Blessings,

Lucinda

I take it post by post with FB stuff. If it resonates, I might post it, but most of my friends dont ask people to repost their posts- we all just presume that we will if it resonates with us- or, if we have time.

Honestly, what I find I have is "social consciousness burnout". Its not that I don't care....it's just that every single day there is so much stuff in my inbox and FB etc to "care" about that I kind of get a bit numb to it. I am not really numb to it- I send a brief prayer that they get the help they need- but I cant help all of them, and I am not sure how much even putting my signature on things really helps anyway. I have learned to trust..I am doing what I can. I am not going to feel guilty about the rest. I find I am deleting more and more nowadays- even things I might previously have taken the time to sign or forward. Its just too much.

Edited by Peela

I don't like them, don't comment on them, and never repost them. However, I couldn't resist when my bil posted this one today (you may have seen it on FB):

Let's see who reads this fully...Leave me ONE word comment that best describes me, using the 3rd letter of your last name. it can only be one word. Then copy this to your wall so i can leave a word about you. don't just post a word and not copy, that's no fun!!

BIL went bald a long time ago (male pattern baldness). I like to tease him about it. So the 3rd letter of my last name is T, and the word I came with up for him was "tonsured." But there's no way I'm reposting on my status so he can get back at me. :tongue_smilie:

I take it post by post with FB stuff. If it resonates, I might post it, but most of my friends dont ask people to repost their posts- we all just presume that we will if it resonates with us- or, if we have time.

Honestly, what I find I have is "social consciousness burnout". Its not that I don't care....it's just that every single day there is so much stuff in my inbox and FB etc to "care" about that I kind of get a bit numb to it. I am not really numb to it- I send a brief prayer that they get the help they need- but I cant help all of them, and I am not sure how much even putting my signature on things really helps anyway. I have learned to trust..I am doing what I can. I am not going to feel guilty about the rest. I find I am deleting more and more nowadays- even things I might previously have taken the time to sign or forward. Its just too much.

:iagree:

Social consciousness burnout.... Great phrase.

Mostly they bug me and I rarely look at them, but there was one I couldn't resist...

Please repost this as your status if you know someone who has been eaten by Reavers and is now a hood ornament on a Reaver ship. 85% of people won't copy this as their status because they have no idea what a Reaver is; 10% will start speaking Chinese or say something profound like "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet if your hand touches metal I will end you"; and 5% will start singing "The Hero of Canton".

firefly1.gif