Menu

why do I look thinner in a swimsuit than in clothes?

You are obviously an alien. No one looks better in a swim suit than in real clothes. Nobody, Missy. Do you hear me? ....:lol:

I look great in my sports booKshelf because it holds everything firmly. Are you thin but not firm? Maybe the spandex of your swim suit firms things up!

You are obviously an alien. No one looks better in a swim suit than in real clothes. Nobody, Missy. Do you hear me? ....:lol:

I look great in my sports booKshelf because it holds everything firmly. Are you thin but not firm? Maybe the spandex of your swim suit firms things up!

I have no BooKs. How I measure a C or D is beyond me.

How I look thinner in a suit? Insanity. PURE insanity. My 10/11 lb boys RUINED that stomach of mine.:glare:

That's a new one on me and I'm not even heavy.

I, on the other hand, would be happy if I could wear flat-waisted, flare-bottom slacks and a hip-length blazer all year round. With heeled boots. Makes me look a mile tall with no lumps or bumps anywhere. But I can't see anyone getting that effect in a swimsuit...

That's a new one on me and I'm not even heavy.

I, on the other hand, would be happy if I could wear flat-waisted, flare-bottom slacks and a hip-length blazer all year round. With heeled boots. Makes me look a mile tall with no lumps or bumps anywhere. But I can't see anyone getting that effect in a swimsuit...

:confused:

could it be simply that I'm tall?

I'm truly shocked at the pics taken of me today. Today.

But my pumpkin face is NOT flattering. :crying:

Seriously? I have seen many pics of me in clothing and have had dd's take pics of me in a swimsuit. Why am I thinner in a swimsuit? Is it because I'm SO tall that I can't find pants that flatter me?

Waist definition, would be my guess.

I look thinner in a swimsuit or underwear, too (when I'm not pregnant, that is!). I am very hourglass shaped. I don't wear very form-fitting clothes, so in clothes my midsection tends to look bigger than it is. In a bathing suit, there's a lot more waist definition.

I wouldn't say I look better in a swimsuit or underwear, but I do look slimmer.

Hmmmm... I don't think I can believe you without proof. :tongue_smilie: Where did you say that picture was?

GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm so flattered at the pics that I'm tempted to post. I've tried to post pics MANY times and they never work. They're too big?:confused::confused: I've entered questions/posts on this in the past.

Sounds like it may be time for a new wardrobe :-) Can you take a stylish friend shopping with you and have her give you an honest opinion? There are lots of pants out there for tall women, you should be able to find something flattering. What body shape do you have?

Marisa

Sounds like your clothes don't suit your body. Go buy one outfit at an upscale place where the salespeople actually help you find clothes that work for your body type. Then go buy some more affordable clothes in the same styles. At least that's what I would do if I had money. :001_smile:

I suspect it's a matter of not having clothes that suit your figure perfectly. Perhaps you've been "settling" for clothes (based on price or simple availability) that don't fit as well as they should or that are simply the wrong cut for you and it's time to take a couple of days and go shopping with a fashion-savvy friend?

"Dear DH, my imaginary friends on the internet say you need to give me lots of money and let me spend a weekend in the big city with my friend so-and-so shopping for clothes. Okay? I left some frozen lasagna and bagged salad for you and the kids!"

;)

I'm going with "clothes don't suit your body."

There was a time in my life where two maternal figures absolutely *swore* everyone could wear Empire Waist Dresses. They flattered *all* body types. I argued in vain, but took the offensive clothes to try on anyhow.

When I came out, both ladies were still scratching their heads as to WHY I look absolutely awful in them.

#1) my natural waist is at my belly button.

#2) I have a long torso

#3) My bOOks wind up being too close (or underneath) the "waist" for an empire waist dress.

I have never been forced to try on another.

Another dress type that is AWFUL on me is the shift.

Put me in an a-line skirt, or a tailored dress any day...

and yes, I look better in my swimsuit than most of my clothes. And it's because either the clothes I'm wearing don't fit (as in too large), or they are shaped like a box... and I'm not.

However, there are still bathing suits I can't wear (boy-shorts and bikinis have never looked good on me either...)

You need to try different style pants and tops. If a swimsuit is looking better on you then your clothes you may need to try more fitting tops, or something that offers more definition. For pants you may want to try some of the different styles. My oldest dd recently got skinny jeans. While they would look awful on me, or even my other dd, they look great on her, and make her look 10 lbs thinner.

Oh my! I wish I could take you shopping!

The problem is that you're wearing clothes that are not suited to your body type. Once you got out of the ill-fitting clothes, you could see what your body really looks like. You've been covering up your best parts, apparently. Without the clothes to detract, everyone could see your true shape. Your clothes were hiding your wonderfulness instead of flaunting it! (In a good way--not in a hoochi-mama way.)

You simply MUST get out and get some new clothes! I wish I could go with you to give you pointers. The number one rule is that it must FIT. It must skim the contours of your body in your good spots, and somewhat hide the spots that you don't like (like the tummy, perhaps.) For example, if you buy button down shirts, make sure they fit at your sides (to show off your waist) and also fit the curve of your back. If they puff out at your back, they make YOU look puffy.

Oh my! I wish I could take you shopping!

The problem is that you're wearing clothes that are not suited to your body type. Once you got out of the ill-fitting clothes, you could see what your body really looks like. You've been covering up your best parts, apparently. Without the clothes to detract, everyone could see your true shape. Your clothes were hiding your wonderfulness instead of flaunting it! (In a good way--not in a hoochi-mama way.)

You simply MUST get out and get some new clothes! I wish I could go with you to give you pointers. The number one rule is that it must FIT. It must skim the contours of your body in your good spots, and somewhat hide the spots that you don't like (like the tummy, perhaps.) For example, if you buy button down shirts, make sure they fit at your sides (to show off your waist) and also fit the curve of your back. If they puff out at your back, they make YOU look puffy.

yes. this is it.

Becasue I am a seamstress, I notice when people are wearing ill- fitting clothing or styles that are just not right for them. (I also notice when a woman needs a new or better fitting bra!)