Menu

Anyone use "Plan To Eat"?

MandyMom, I sent you one last night. I was wondering if you had recieved it?

Joy

I added everyone that sent me a request. If I'm not listed as your friend, just send me another request :001_smile:

If there is ever anything that you would like to see added to the site (like an easier way to add things to the pantry), just email the site creator, Clint. The website was very new when I first started, and so I sent him a bunch of suggestions. He's really updated the site A LOT since then. He seems to be very responsive to his customers. I think that I read a while back (or maybe he told me in an email) that he created this for his wife, and they decided to offer it to the public. He's always been very helpful and seems to appreciate suggestions.

I woke up to lots of friend requests and lots of friends. I'm so happy. :D

I've sent out a few more invitations, I think I've got everyone now. If not, please feel free to add me (meggie).

For the person wondering about planning, I usually plan a week or two and buy the ingredients. I'm not the world's greatest at following the menu plan exactly or at all, but I know what I've got in the fridge and pantry, so I make something from the plan. It's not perfect, but it's better than what I was doing before. Baby steps.

Oh, and one more tip. Go to this help page and read a shortcut on adding recipes from other websites using the bookmarklet. I absolutely LOVE this feature, but it is easy to miss it. When the site creator first implemented this feature, he sent out an email, but now I think it is easy to miss that you can do it.

Edited by mandymom

I just signed up, too! Thanks, Audrey, for pointing this out. I've been desperate to find a meal planner and this looks absolutely perfect!

If anyone would like to friend me (please, pretty please) I'm HerbalMom. Haven't had time to do much but suck in a couple recipes I'm interested in, but I'll add some this evening.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Will it make a grocery list for you?

Anyone have a coupon code?

Dawn

Yes, it does based on your meal plan. You can add or remove items as necessary, organize shopping lists by stores, and customize the dates that you wish to make your list cover. You can either print it out or access it on your phone through the mobile website. I LOVE using the list on my phone!

There's not a coupon code that I know of...sorry

I think when you are on the actual planner screen, all you can see is the monthly view, but you can do everything there that you could do on a weekly screen. When you are in the recipe screen or the shopping list screen or on an individual recipe screen, you have the option of pulling up a weekly view. There is a button at the bottom of those screens to turn the weekly view on and off. When you are on the recipe screen, you can add the recipes directly into the weekly calendar by clicking the button "add recipe". If you are on the planner page, you can just drag and drop the recipes from the left hand side right into the calendar. This is what I do most of the time. Just left click on the recipe, hold it down, and pull it over to where you want it in the calendar.

To add side items that don't have recipes, left click on the day you want to add something. A box comes up, and you have the option to "add other ingredients". You can add things here and it will show up on your shopping list. If you want to add something that you don't want to show up on your shopping list, add it under "add notes or events". Sometimes, the extra ingredients show up under the snack section for that day. You can always drag and drop it to the actual meal it pertains to.

Also, for the things I make regularly but I don't need a recipe for (like tacos), I create a recipe for it with just ingredients (so they are added to the shopping list) but no directions. I also click the box that says "private recipe" so that it doesn't show up for friends when I share recipes.

OK. Thanks so much. I see that now. It seems really easy, just trying to get used to it somewhat. I'm making my first recipe from there now that I copied over from Allrecipes called Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken. Smelling good!!

Yes, it does based on your meal plan. You can add or remove items as necessary, organize shopping lists by stores, and customize the dates that you wish to make your list cover. You can either print it out or access it on your phone through the mobile website. I LOVE using the list on my phone!

There's not a coupon code that I know of...sorry

I'm so glad you pointed that out to me. I will most definitely be subscribing to this.

I like to only shop for the next 3-4 days max. I know that sounds nutty, but I have a small fridge and not too much other storage right now. We're remodeling, and have already removed some cabinets. (I also hate dealing with freezing & thawing meat etc.)

I just emailed Clint with PTE. For some reason, I can't receive friend request, I can only send them. I guess you'll have to ask me to send YOU want if you want to be on my friend list. :-(

Have you checked your spam folder? Maybe it's sending the email there.

If not, please add me, meggie :001_smile:

Ok, I now have 13 friends! YEAH!

But I am confused. I received two emails from Plan to Eat that stated: "So and So wishes to share their recipes with you."

What does this mean? Why did I only get 2 emails if 13 of you agreed to be my friend?

Am I supposed to respond somehow? I couldn't figure out if there is a way to respond.

Thanks,

Dawn

Ok, I now have 13 friends! YEAH!

But I am confused. I received two emails from Plan to Eat that stated: "So and So wishes to share their recipes with you."

What does this mean? Why did I only get 2 emails if 13 of you agreed to be my friend?

Am I supposed to respond somehow? I couldn't figure out if there is a way to respond.

Thanks,

Dawn

That is someone requesting to add you as a friend. There is a link to click in the email. Once you do that, it will add the new friend. :001_smile:

DawnM,

The people that are already your friends must be people that you have invited. Those emails are from people inviting you to be their friend. Depending on if you sent them an email, your requests may have crossed in emails. Just go ahead and click on the link and you will accept their request if you are not already friends.

HTH,

Joy

Ok, it looks like I clicked them all. If I missed someone send me a PM here so I can figure this out!

Thanks,

Dawn

That is someone requesting to add you as a friend. There is a link to click in the email. Once you do that, it will add the new friend. :001_smile:

OK...you all inspired me and I signed up for the trial too. I friended some of you and am the same name as here over there. I am SO excited at the possibilities of this, as I STINK at dinner. This reminds me of pinterest for meals;)

Thanks for starting this thread!

Please friend me too. I've used the clever name love2read

with the too cute number for a word.

I sent you one! I use the same username as here.

I also have a question for anyone who has me on their PTE friend list. How many recipes do you see next to my name?

Also, I am becoming ridiculously attached to that website. :001_wub:

Thanks SO MUCH, OP, for bringing this up again. I've seen it and ignored it I don't know how many times. It's just so neat to have this drag & drop interface for meal planning that is editable right up until you head out to stock your fridge & pantry.

It beats the heck out of using Excel or Word.

I also love looking at everyone's recipes. I feel like I have a little glimpse into your kitchens (Hope that doesn't sound stalker'ish...).

Edited by darlasowders

You are welcome into my kitchen any day.....especially if you cook! :D

Dawn

I sent you one! I use the same username as here.

I also have a question for anyone who has me on their PTE friend list. How many recipes do you see next to my name?

Also, I am becoming ridiculously attached to that website. :001_wub:

Thanks SO MUCH, OP, for bringing this up again. I've seen it and ignored it I don't know how many times. It's just so neat to have this drag & drop interface for meal planning that is editable right up until you head out to stock your fridge & pantry.

It beats the heck out of using Excel or Word.

I also love looking at everyone's recipes. I feel like I have a little glimpse into your kitchens (Hope that doesn't sound stalker'ish...).

Guest jab300

I'm so excited to see so many people signing up! I used the free trial and fell in love and subscribed right away. I love being able to import recipes from the internet and the shopping list is so helpful. I'm going to be sending out friend request to all on here, my user name is jab300.

Been using for a while - yes it gives a shopping list and if you're really cool - you'll get the mobile version and have your handy dandy shopping list on your phone at the grocery store!!!!

mrshalf at pte, befriend me :)

we have a fair # of eat to live and vegetarian stuff there, my dd and I love it!!!

Ohhh... I just joined under this same user name. Then I had my hubby pick 30 meals from my recipe card file. I typed in each name in Import Recipe from Web and sometimes had to type in a few odd ingredients too. But for MOST of them, I found the recipe on the web! That was so easy! I only had to type or alter a few. I'm excited to get started using this. Thanks for encouraging us all!

Do you all keep yours private and then invite friends? Or are yours public? Is it just to know who it is that posted it? Thanks.

This sounds like a really cool idea except...almost all of my recipes are out of cookbooks (copyrighted). Do you think it would be okay to use those recipes as long as I make them private?

I think that would probably be fine. Also, they do have a space in the recipe entry thingy where you can note the source.

Do you all keep yours private and then invite friends? Or are yours public? Is it just to know who it is that posted it? Thanks.

The "private" tool is really more for when you have a recipe that you don't want to share with friends when you add friends to your PTE account. For instance, I have a "recipe" for tacos.....now I don't really NEED a recipe to make tacos because I just use a packet of taco seasoning. I make it into a recipe though and just add the ingredients (with no instructions) so that when it is added to my meal plan, the ingredient items go in the shopping list. My PTE friends don't need to see my taco "recipe" because it's not really a recipe.

I guess if you had some sort of top-secret recipe that you didn't want your friends to know how you made it, you could make that private too 001_smile:

The ONLY people that can see your recipes are 1) you 2) the people you choose to add as friends on PTE and 3) people who click on a recipe link that you might post somewhere (like here or on FB).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...