Menu

Anyone besides me really excited about WWS?

Penelope

The very generous WWS sample that was sent out inspired me by giving me a glimpse of where we'll end up if we keep up with WWE for 4 years. Impressive, really, to see what Gr. 5 students (or thereabouts) could be working with in writing skills. It's inspired me to become even more excited about WWE as well ... which my eldest will only start this fall. :-)

what ages will this be for?

The target is about 5th grade, if you are following TWTM sequence. It is supposed to be the beginning of logic stage writing.

It introduces outlining and various types of expository writing, using excellent models. AND it is largely written to the student, with parent to be available for help and follow-up. Though I'm sure it could be used with even more help from mom.

what ages will this be for?

This comes after WWE level 4 (around 5th grade and beginning of logic stage). If you did not use WWE, but your child can read a passage of literature independently, sum it up in 3-8 sentences depending on length and complexity of the passage chosen, and can take dictation exercises of around 25-30 words after 3-4 repetitions, then your child is ready to move on to WWS. If your child struggles with any of these skills, spend a few more weeks on either dictation or narration in order to provide extra practice. I took these comments directly from Week 36 of WWE level 4.

From another poster... here's the link to a generous sample.

I was really trying hard to ignore this... but after looking at it, I think I'm going to have to get it for my upcoming 5th grader... it just looks too good and WWE has done wonders here. I'm just really hoping SWB will be able to crank out the levels for us! That's my one hesitation...