Menu

My MIL is on the phone with me now -- she sat 2 rows behind Hillary Clinton in church

Hillary Clinton was speaking at the campus near her today. She attended the Methodist Church my MIL goes to this morning. My MIL goes to the early service and as she was leaving, there were signs going up. The preacher told her a special VIP was coming and told her who it was. He asked for prayers as he was nervous.

MIL went to pick a friend of hers (John Carpenter's, of the Halloween movies, father) and they went back to the church for the later service. They sat 2 rows behind Hillary. They met her and the speaker, who is apparently distantly related to MIL's friend, Mr. Carpenter!

COOL!

DH used to attend church where Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis went when not in NYC. He said it was sort of strange and fascinating to observe, yet pretend to pay attention to the Mass and not to Jackie O :)

She said that other than saying a brief thing like, "We welcome a visitor, Hillary," that no other mention or special treatments were happening. Just as normal. Afterwards, of course, lots wanted to meet and greet. She said it was just surreal to be worshipping with Hillary.

I bet she's glad she went back for the second service! I imagine it was surreal for her.

My brother, who's a photographer, was at an event with Bill Clinton the other day. He took some cool shots of him.

That's cool. Barack was here yesterday--he was just passing through and stopped unannouced at a local festival. Bill C. is here today stumping for Hillary.

I think it's great. Oregon rarely gets presidential candidates. And both Barack and Hillary are making the rounds to smaller cities and towns.

I got to shake hands with Barack on his first visit here in March. I want him to win *just* so I could say I shook hands w/the President. (JUST KIDDING!):lol:

I'd be a bit nervous about standing so close to Hillary in a church. I'd be worried about lightning.

hey --dh [RightWingWackoExtraordinaire] flew her in a little jet years ago, and he came out of it unscathed ;)

He said the secret service guys were JUST LIKE they are in the movies, lol.

Course, as far as that goes, sometimes I worry about myself in church.

:iagree:

I'd be a bit nervous about standing so close to Hillary in a church. I'd be worried about lightning.

Sorry, she's the village I don't want raising my children.

She probably wouldn't try to raise your children during the service. I wouldn't worry too much about it. :D

hey --dh [RightWingWackoExtraordinaire] flew her in a little jet years ago, and he came out of it unscathed ;)

Yep, that's what I thought, too, when I saw Barack Obama. It was a bit surreal.

Yep, that's what I thought, too, when I saw Barack Obama. It was a bit surreal.

Diana, go back into the post that I'm quoting and add this to the very end:

That will "cancel" the quote. The first part, the part that has [ ] and the word QUOTE inside it, sometimes with other stuff, BEGINS the quoted box. The finishes it. You're erasing the end bracket when you erase part of the text.

You make me giggle. :lol:

Okay, that seriously made me laughrightoutloud.:lol::lol:

Diana, go back into the post that I'm quoting and add this to the very end:

That will "cancel" the quote. The first part, the part that has [ ] and the word QUOTE inside it, sometimes with other stuff, BEGINS the quoted box. The

finishes it. You're erasing the end bracket when you erase part of the text.

Thanks for the tip! It worked!

My mom (who is in her 70's - shh - don't tell her I told you that ;) ) said "she picked up the pizza slices with her fingers and didn't even use a fork like a lady, " then she had a couple of beers and a shot of tequila at the bar :tongue_smilie:

My mom (who is in her 70's - shh - don't tell her I told you that ;) ) said "she picked up the pizza slices with her fingers and didn't even use a fork like a lady, " then she had a couple of beers and a shot of tequila at the bar :tongue_smilie:

Really, a shot of tequila? Maybe she is not so bad afterall?! ;):D

I have a funny story about a secret service guy. One of my dd's teachers has a friend who is secret service. He tells the students all kinds of funny stories his friend relates to him. One of them was about a time when he was on a job covering Al Gore. At one point, Gore was having a heated discussion w/one of his sons about his future, or something like that. Gore pointed to the group of ss guys and said, "You don't want to end up like one of them, doing that kind of job..." Well, the ss guy (the friend), goes over to his supervisor and asks to be taken off the job. The supervisor tells him that he is not allowed to do that. The guy says, "Well, I'm just telling you, I am NOT taking a bullet for that man." LOL

I know not that many people here, (or anywhere) are big fans of Bush right now, but this ss friend likes working for him very much. He said that Bush always invites the ss guys in for dinner when they stay at his house. He and Laura had them all in for Thanksgiving dinner. What really blew him away was how Bush would remember all of their names, and even the names of their kids, and would ask how they were doing. I guess that is unusual, because they are always surprised by it.