Menu

Father's Day gifts for dh?

Boring and practical: an inversion table. But it should help him with his bulging disc and relieve him temporarily of discomfort - and that's quite a gift, ain't it? ;)

Also going to bbq steaks for him, and make his favorite dessert, peanut butter pie :D The real way to a man's heart. . . .

:eek: I kinda forgot about it. I knew Father's Day was coming up, but I wasn't thinking about the gift part of it. Guess I'll cook or bake something that he likes. He just had a birthday less than a month ago, so I used my good ideas up on that. (the birthday gifts were a CD that he's been wanting for a while, and 5 lbs of gummy bears)

I got him a pair of goggles to use in our pool.

DD7 got him a large cup (he likes to drink huge cups of ice water) and a bag of M&M's.

DD4 chose a plate for him (because she figured it would go well with the cup LOL) and a Reese's.

We each got him a card.

DH is REALLY difficult to buy for. He doesn't really have hobbies, doesn't read, we watch movies/shows through Netflix, doesn't need any more clothes since he asks for them at every holiday....so he told me to just let the kids make him something. I'll have them draw him a picture to hang in his office. But we got the above goodies for him too.

DH is REALLY difficult to buy for. He doesn't really have hobbies, doesn't read, we watch movies/shows through Netflix, doesn't need any more clothes since he asks for them at every holiday....so he told me to just let the kids make him something. I'll have them draw him a picture to hang in his office. But we got the above goodies for him too.

We have the same trouble around here for every gift-giving occasion. My husband reads, but not a lot. He has no real hobbies. He likes to watch TV, but he's in charge of the tech aspects of that. (We already have cable, Netflix, a large collection of DVDs and a doo-hickey that connects the TV to the internet so we can watch stuff online.)

He's not especially into clothes, has plenty and doesn't consider anything practical to be an appropriate gift. (Plus, I already gave him too many silly t-shirts for Christmas.)

Since our kids are older, he has more cute, kid-made items and framed photos to decorate his desk than any one man needs or wants.

My son had a cool idea (embellishing light-switch plates with a steampunk vibe, since we moved into this house just a month ago and my husband wants to actually decorate this time), but we let it wait too long and now don't really have time to make that happen.

He likes to eat, but isn't into sweets or baked goods or any specific meal. We're vegan/vegetarian. So, things like steaks are out, obviously.

Can you tell I'm clueless?

And, just to make this more fun, he actually cares about presents. He doesn't feel loved unless we make a fuss over him and give him stuff.

And, his birthday is in less than three months, followed all too quickly by Christmas and then our anniversary six weeks after that. I start stressing out sometime in April knowing I'm heading into gift season again and will inevitably fail repeatedly.

Sigh.

I would be everlastingly grateful (not an exageration) to anyone who could toss me a bone, here. Any ideas at all?

Edited by Jenny in Florida

The older boys and I went in together and got him a big flat screen TV since he is a big fan of playing Maddin Football on xBox. It's supposed to be a combination of Father's Day and birthday (b-day is next wk). Unfortunately he's upset about it. He feels that it isn't a gift for him but a gift for the whole family since the TV is in the living room. So I guess we'll take it back and try to think of something else.

I have issues w/gifts for DH

His office is a PIG STY. I think his co-workers want to call Hoarders. Therefore, no kid made things or pictures. (He's not sentimental anyway -the ones he got when they are toddlers are sitting in attic -looked at the day he got them and shoved in a corner).

He isn't into clothes -wears a uniform anyway.

He loves to read but really a Barnes and Nobles Gift card for every occasion every year is boring ME. Besides, he never departs with the books and it contributes to one more thing for him to hoard.

He'd love video games but he has over 1000 of them. He won't get rid of any and he spends too much time playing the ones he does play. I'm not buying anything else that causes me resentment LOL.

All the cool stuff I'd like to give him, I can't afford.

And, just to make this more fun, he actually cares about presents. He doesn't feel loved unless we make a fuss over him and give him stuff.

LOL, yes, I totally understand! DH says that he looks forward to getting gifts....but then he tells me there's nothing that he wants. I don't know what he wants me to do LOL!

Last year for his birthday, I thought I did well. He likes for me to go to football games with him (though I don't really like to), but his birthday is in April, so there's no football going on then. Our town recently began an arena league football team, so I got him tickets to that and gave it to him in a special way. He enjoyed football, as well as me attending with him.

Those "good gift" moments are rare LOL....he's so hard to buy for.

And, his birthday is in less than three months, followed all too quickly by Christmas and then our anniversary six weeks after that. I start stressing out sometime in April knowing I'm heading into gift season again and will inevitably fail repeatedly.

This is my husband! He doesn't like any gifts we get him but really cares about receiving them! The one year I was successful, I got him a GPS. Now, everyone has GPS on their phone, so I can't even get him an upgrade.

I'm not creative so any ideas would be great!

What I do is stick to simple, easy stuff he likes. food

coffee

candy, especially gummy

pickled herring

large jar of olives

favorite homemade goodies

He also really appreciates homemade things from the dc.and he loves new shirts too. and really wears them.

We recently bought 3 of these DiscGear CD organizers. They hold 100 CD/DVDs each. You go on the website, type in all of your music or movies, and print out a sheet that you insert in the DiscGear. This tells you what slot each disc is located in. Then slide the lever over to the number of the disc you want, *press the button and it opened with your disc in the lid. It is really awesome and has saved a ton of space. There are several styles. We have the one that looks like leather, because that is more my husband's style.

http://www.amazon.com/CD3-Storage-Systems-Inc-3700-02M/dp/B00007DWEA/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015A70O8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My daughter is giving my husband a bottle of caramel coffee syrup and a bottle of vanilla coffee syrup. We gave him a new CD player for his car last month, so that is really his gift. It is really nice because he can plug his iPod into it and listen to his podcasts.

We gave one grandfather a new, insulated water bottle that will fit in the cup holder, a Josh Groban CD, and some kind of golf practicing net thing, something about chipping. (obviously I don't know golf!)

My husband likes spicy food, so we sometimes get him interesting hot sauces for a gift.

Other ideas for anyone:

-lawn mowing service

-iPod

-wallet, key ring

-chair massager for the car or office chair

-desk toys, such as a mini, indoor helicopter

-Think Geek stuff (just print out a picture of what you ordered and wrap the pic since you don't have time to get it.)

-new bathrobe or slippers

-grill accessories, or a new grill

-a smoker (for meat)

-a Keurig if he likes coffee (get the refillable pod so you can use any coffee)

-gourmet quality of his favorite food/snack/drink

-a knot tying book and some lengths of different types of rope (a boating store is the best place to find the rope)

-TiVo

-Lightwedge book light (it's also a bookmark. Awesome *light, comes in different sizes.*http://www.amazon.com/LightWedge-Paperback-Book-Light-Black/dp/B000VL0ASU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308448458&sr=8-2

-Kindle

-headlamp style LED flashlight

-LED flashlight set

I'm getting dh, nothing.

Dh had allergies every mothers day. I use to get annoyed at having to pamper and baby him every mothers day, and never get anything special.... So we switched them. He got his stuff on mothers day, and I'm all set to celebrate fathers day tomorrow.