Menu

Ice cream maker

I just bought this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Ice-45-Soft-Serve-2-Quart-Ice-Cream/dp/B000F94GPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307896744&sr=8-1

We really like it, but it is big and bulky.

What I love is that we can set it while we are still eating dinner and by the time we finish dinner it is ready! It makes just enough for the 5 of us to have a good sized bowl of ice cream and my kids love the toppings containers.

However, I got it at a yard sale for $10. I wouldn't have paid $100 for it.

I think this is very similar without the bulk from the toppings area, etc...

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-20-Automatic-2-Quart-Ice-Cream/dp/B00000JGRT/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1307896890&sr=1-3

We have the small Cuisinart. I watched ebay for a few months and bought it used along with an extra interior bowl (so I can make 2 different kinds simultaneously..1 regular and 1 for my son with a special diet) for @ the same price as a new on Amazon.

I'm happy with it.

Just remember that the bowl does need to be frozen for 12-24 hours. I just keep mine in the freezer all the time. You should chill the mix you make before tossing it in (although I've done it both ways and its not too bad...it just takes longer without chilling).

When you're done its more like soft serve. It needs firming up in the freezer a bit (unless you like it a bit mushy). This is not really an instantaneous treat you can make for your guests. It takes a lot of forethought. And the texture is not as smooth as whipped ice creams.

It is good though. Like having an excellent frozen custard (and the calories to match).

My family gave me the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 quart one for Mother's Day last year (now there's a gift that keeps on giving, eh?). We love it and use it all the time.

Maybe the kids should get dh a nice Cuisineart for Father's Day.:lol:

I bought a very inexpensive one at Aldi ($20). It is one of these versions that doesn't require ice or salt. You put the bowl in the freezer for at least 11 hours prior. I was skeptical, but I figured for $20 why not?

I am SO pleased with it! I've used it several times and it works great! I have the yummiest ice cream in about 20-25 minutes. It's the best 20 bucks I've ever spent.

I have one like that I got it at WM....have only used it 1-2 times and not sure I'm doing it right....now that it's summer I've been thinking about pulling it out and giving it another shot--some soft yogurt sounds delish!

I just bought this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Ice-45-Soft-Serve-2-Quart-Ice-Cream/dp/B000F94GPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307896744&sr=8-1

We really like it, but it is big and bulky.

What I love is that we can set it while we are still eating dinner and by the time we finish dinner it is ready! It makes just enough for the 5 of us to have a good sized bowl of ice cream and my kids love the toppings containers.

We have this one too - It's great! But I haven't used it as often as we could.

I just bought this cuisinart one from amazon about 3 weeks ago and it is awesome. I also got the Ben and Jerry's recipe book and they are both totally worth the money. Our first try was strawberry and it was the best ice cream we've ever had. (made with Ben and Jerry's base 1) next I'm going to try coconut ice cream (from the B&J's book) and add in sliced almond and chocolate chips.

We have an electric White Mountain gallon and a half model. LOVE IT!

The only thing we don't like about it is the motor is really loud. So we end up making ice cream outside or in the laundry room...use a plastic tub to keep the salty water in bounds.

We have three ice cream makers...one old crank model and two electric.

We LOVE homemade ice cream! ;)