Menu

S/o Catholic Misperceptions

Does anyone know of some nice introductory books that covers the basics of Catholicsm? Preferably 300 pages or less.

Oh, and I would also be interested in the same type of book for Eastern Orthodoxy and the Lutheran Church. Thank you!:001_smile:

ETA: I know there were some in the thread, but I am looking for something a little shorter.

It depends on exactly what you are looking for, but here are some ideas for Orthodoxy:

The Orthodox Church by Kallistos Ware (online free here: http://www.intratext.com/x/eng0804.htm )

Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy by Damick (or the original podcasts are free here: http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/orthodoxyheterodoxy )

These are more personal stories:

Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells by Gallatin

Becoming Orthodox by Gilquist

Surprised by Christ by Bernstein

Does anyone know of some nice introductory books that covers the basics of Catholicsm? Preferably 300 pages or less.

Oh, and I would also be interested in the same type of book for Eastern Orthodoxy and the Lutheran Church. Thank you!:001_smile:

ETA: I know there were some in the thread, but I am looking for something a little shorter.

For online reading: Discovering The Orthodox Church (several articles in different categories); easy to read and very informative.

We also have an active Exploring Orthodox Christianity social group here at WTM.

The best way to learn about Orthodoxy, attend some services. :001_smile:

Hope that's helpful. About two years ago at this time, we were reading many of the books listed above. May you find the fullness of God on your journey.