Menu

A day at home by myself... what would you do?

I have all day to myself. Just enjoyed a nice cup of tea and cranberry-orange scones. (The house is too quiet....)

I'm going for a bike ride. Then I think I shall go through the house with a couple of big black trash bags. Then I think I shall try to open the pool.

I also have some sewing and mending I might cross of my to-do list.

I'm not stuck at home, but I don't want to spend any money. So what would you do with a day to yourself, without spending money?

I had a day at home yesterday with kids but with no schoolwork to accomplish. The only thing I "had" to do was help dd practice violin. The kids went to various neighborhood friends' homes throughout the day. I baked quiche, picked strawberries, cleaned and froze more than we will ever use in a year, cleaned a little, played some American Girl dolls with dd, and sat and read a National Geographic magazine I have been wanting to get to.

It was very nice to not have to jump from one thing to the next. I feel energized and ready to get back to my regularly scheduled life today. :001_smile:

I would start with cleaning out what can't be done with watching eyes first. Get to other cleaning that has been put off for months. I would eat my meals reading whatever book pleases me instead of a read aloud or science. An afternoon nap would be essential.:001_smile:

I have all day to myself. Just enjoyed a nice cup of tea and cranberry-orange scones. (The house is too quiet....)

I'm going for a bike ride. Then I think I shall go through the house with a couple of big black trash bags. Then I think I shall try to open the pool.

I also have some sewing and mending I might cross of my to-do list.

I'm not stuck at home, but I don't want to spend any money. So what would you do with a day to yourself, without spending money?

CLEAN from top to bottom

SLEEP

and then sort stuff without anyone going though my piles

then file and put stuff in binders that need it

Clean the house. If my house is already clean (and it never is) then I'd empty the kitchen cabinets, or school room closet, or the nooks and crannies in the kids' rooms and declutter.

Then, if I still had time, I'd curl up with a glass of wine and watch LOTR.