Menu

What do YOU laminate?

nikkistone

I use it in spurts, mostly at the beginning of the school year, but it's worth its weight in gold during that time. (Of course, only a homeschooling mother would say that. lol) I laminate things I'm going to be using over and over. I printed up word cards to go with our phonics program and I laminated them. I laminated the phonogram cards we have. I laminated a part-whole circle set for Rightstart, the Swim to Ten game, the numbers and chart for workboxes (which we abandoned...anyone need 12 numbers and a chart, all with velcro circles on them? heheh). DD makes bookmarks, which we also laminate. Stuff like that. :)

I am addicted to laminating. It is one of my favorite school "tools." Here are a few of the things we have laminated:

Weather set -- laminated all parts of this and put magnets on the back. OH and the kids' name cards, you can see one attached to the easel.

IMG_2259.jpg

Seasons wheel (I created this after searching high and low for something like it)

SeasonsMonthscopy.jpg

Our schedule with cards from here, that I put magnets on the back and use on our schedule board:

http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/search/label/Workboxes

Most recent use - job board. LOVE this! I linked the blog that I got the idea and pictures from. Mine is color coded for time of day rather than for child. When they do all their jobs, they see the gold star at the end of the day.

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

The tutorial for this awesome job board is here:

http://cultivatedlives.blogspot.com/2011/05/picture-chore-chart-tutorial.html

So far... Wheelock's flash cards, book covers, custom dividers, art prints, and health charts...in the last week.

I still have my last set of art prints, memory books, history folders, map blanks to practice labeling countries, states/cities, etc.

I've only owned mine for about a week. But, I can see more uses for it in the future :D

I am addicted to laminating. It is one of my favorite school "tools." Here are a few of the things we have laminated:

Weather set -- laminated all parts of this and put magnets on the back. OH and the kids' name cards, you can see one attached to the easel.

IMG_2259.jpg

Seasons wheel (I created this after searching high and low for something like it)

SeasonsMonthscopy.jpg

Our schedule with cards from here, that I put magnets on the back and use on our schedule board:

http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/search/label/Workboxes

Most recent use - job board. LOVE this! I linked the blog that I got the idea and pictures from. Mine is color coded for time of day rather than for child. When they do all their jobs, they see the gold star at the end of the day.

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

The tutorial for this awesome job board is here:

http://cultivatedlives.blogspot.com/2011/05/picture-chore-chart-tutorial.html

Thanks for the links! :D

I laminate lots of things. I make math flashcards that correspond to what we're working on. I make printables for preschool that I laminate. I have some on my blog for any interested. I laminate workbox stuff, calendar printables, workbook covers, just about anything you can think of that will slide through a laminator. I laminate it.

I love my laminator. I've laminated a ton of stuff....number lines, multiplication charts, "work with mom" cards that go in their daily schedule, file folder games, bookmarks, preschool bag activities.....I could go on and on. Did I mention I love laminating?!?!:)

I have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with laminating things. I have done math games, chore charts, handwriting paper, insurance cards, special artwork, charts, flash cards. pretty much anything I can. I have an equally unhealthy obsession with my label maker :lol:

I have 2 laminators. The one I usually use just does standard size sheets and I use that for flashcards, game pieces, or book covers. I make a lot of books for the kids with my comb binder and I usually laminate the covers.

I got one that will take a 12" wide sheet to make file folder games. I use that pretty much exclusively to laminate the file folder when I'm done making the game.

I LOVE my laminator. I got a great deal on Amazon's Deal of The Day awhile back.

I can find just about anything to laminate. I love creating games and learning resources to laminate.

I laminated this Consonant Blender to help my daughter improve her reading skills.

I also laminated this Reading Train that I made. I laminated the tracks as well as the individual cars so I can add them blends as we learn them.

Also, at the end of this blog post on Lentil, I show the music board I made for my children.

I have 2 laminators. The one I usually use just does standard size sheets and I use that for flashcards, game pieces, or book covers. I make a lot of books for the kids with my comb binder and I usually laminate the covers.

I got one that will take a 12" wide sheet to make file folder games. I use that pretty much exclusively to laminate the file folder when I'm done making the game.

Care to share where you bought this from and which model it is? :bigear: